Professor Paddle: River Submissions & RioBanditos vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Run Submissions & Gauge Discussions
 Professor Paddle : Site Support : Run Submissions & Gauge Discussions
Message Icon Topic: River Submissions & RioBanditos Post Reply Post New Topic
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Replybullet Topic: River Submissions & RioBanditos
    Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 11:20am
NEWS FLASH

Members that wish to post beta on Rivers Pages!
For those of you that have wanted to submit beta or details around runs, here is how! All you need to do is log in and then select a rivers page. At the top of the page is a button that says EDIT or Create New Feature. Both are options you may use. Simply fill out the river form and a member of the Stream Team or an Admin will review your submission and post it. This is automated with Email support!

Members that have been busting the beta move!
We need people to join the Stream Team. All you have to do is let me know via PM or a post in this thread. Once approved you will have permission to approve beta submissions and make your own changes instantly. PLEASE NOTE, this is not a special treatment or feature, it is only for Members that have been making a lot of beta submissions and understand this process. It sometimes takes me days to approve submissions and I don't want it to hold the process up for those members that have done such a good job helping build our database.

Once a part of the Stream Team you will have a new Icon at the top of each page along with an alert tool to let you know when new Beta has been submitted. Your user Icon in the forum will also be changed.

The downside is that Stream Team members will no longer have the rivers they personally update listed on the homepage. The goal is to motivate people to join in. I look forward to building the Stream Team and our Beta!!!!

Thanks
~ James

Edited by James - 03 Dec 2009 at 11:21am
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
JoesKayak
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote JoesKayak Replybullet Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 11:47am
I'm down.

jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 12:56pm
James, thanks for leading the way on this. I think it must be time.

I will join the Stream Team. As you know I've been advocating more ussage of the tools and resources on this site, and less clowning on the forums (although I too fall victom to the clown-ery, I admit).

I would like to encourage everyone (as I've done recently and in the past) who actively uses this site to work together to keep all of the river descriptions updated, and to fill out info on those rivers that currently have no info whatsoever. Posting video and photos is great too, and of course, Trip Reports.

Like I'm fond of saying: This site is what we make of it.

Edited by jP - 03 Dec 2009 at 12:57pm
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 1:56pm
A quick reminder: Perhaps one of the most important details for us to stay on top of as a group is the alerts on each river page.

In other words, if you ran a run yesterday and there's an alert for some wood from back in June, and that wood is gone now, remove the alert. Similarly add an alert if there's something new and hazardous.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 9:23am
Gadzooks - I got alot of great PM's and Responses in and outside of this thread to help with the Stream Team. (for Leif AW uses the term "Stream Keeper" not stream team. We can easily change the name to shut you up, but I doubt that would solve the root problem)

First I apologize for posting this thread and then jetting when the questions and responses came in but my world is rather hectic right now.

So here is a bit more detail to elaborate on this system and why it is being setup with a team:
- First and foremost the team is going to begin as two people right now, JP & JoesKayak. The reason is simple, outside my work, together they represent 98% of the beta submissions for our community. They have single handledly put weekly submissions into our betabase and thats RAD and nice for all you that enjoy reading and using the information. They both understand the format and system so they have a reason to start the team off.
- The stream team is here to make the rivers pages clean and usable not just ensure beta is accurate since many submissions may be on runs they have not done or have changed since etc.
- The team is here to ensure that long periods of time do not pass before submissions are approved and posted.

I will be responsible to add new members into the team and it will only be done by the request of jP and Joe right now. Together they will be seeing who is active and truly interested in participating on the team. I have recieved many requests already from people that want to make a submission on a river, or watch a river for new submissions. That's not what the team is for, thats what our river pages are for, you to participate by making submissions. The team is for individuals that are helping at a level that becomes apparent they should be offered the opportunity to accept more control / functionality. The last thing we want is to decrease the number of people helping with submissions, so don't think that, it's just that the purpose of the team is not for submissions, its for the approval of them. Thanks

JoesKayak
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote JoesKayak Replybullet Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 9:56am
Very cool. I will do my best to help improve the site.

And I do encourage everyone who has good knowledge of a run to submit beta. It's not hard, and it's often the less run rivers that don't have any beta... these are the ones that really need it. It's easy to get into for runs like the Sky or Green because everyone knows them, just give a shout out and you'll get tons of opinions and help.

At a minimum a river page should have acccurate information on how to get to the river and the access points (including checkng that the GPS coordinates are correct), the difficulty rating, what levels the river is good at, and listing of significant hazards/portages. Also when it comes to flows the recommended levels should match the class rating listed for the run. If a run is rated class 3 but becomes class 4 at high levels, the recommended levels should show what that class 3 range is and you can always note in your write-up what levels become 4.
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 6:19pm
StreamTeam is now Rio Banditos
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version