Professor Paddle: qp Down River Race Discussion Thread vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Trip Discussion's
 Professor Paddle : General : Events : Trip Discussion's
Message Icon Topic: qp Down River Race Discussion Thread Post Reply Post New Topic
qp Down River Race (Trip Quick View)
Find out more details by Viewing the Trip Page
Icicle Creek  (4 - Snow Creek trailhead to Leavenworth Hatchery (Lower))   Class IV+   Min 700 cfs    |    Max 5000 cfs   Current 138 cfs (Reported on /2017 04:45 )
Trip Leader : James or JP
Contact # : PM or Email
Meeting Time : 5/30/2009 12:00:00 PM
Meeting Place : PP Ball HQ
Paddlers Paddling
jP , kurle , Jed Hawkes , up4air , thedave , Fish , fiddleyak , WA-Boater , Tate , JoesKayak , explwhore
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Replybullet Topic: qp Down River Race Discussion Thread
    Posted: 19 May 2009 at 11:43pm

This is the qp Down River Race discussion thread. Please post any questions below.

Remember the actual Trip Details are located on the qp Down River Race | Trip Page

If you would like to participate in the 2009 Down river race please join this event/trip.

The race will be held on the Lower Icicle Creek Section. Racers will start from just above the foot bridge at snow creek and finish at the little twister rapid in the trick eddy. A hand release will start the racers time and a required Tap out will finish the racers time. Racers will start staggered by an amount of time determined on race day. Intervals will be selected based on the number of racers.

If the Icicle is under 1200 cfs the race will be held on the Upper portion from the top of Roadside Attraction to the bottom of Log Limbo.

All racers should read the discussion thread for more information.

updates to follow.

IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 20 May 2009 at 5:50pm
I am DOWN. I like the personalized "touch" of the catch-the-eddy / tap. That's a little extra challenge after l;ots of huff'n and puff'n down the crik, and requires a little precision on how you hit your eddy. A great way to redeem some slop from your time or to squander an otherwise fast time!

-Enjoy!
tradguy2
Master Poster
Master Poster
Fabric Fanatic

Quote tradguy2 Replybullet Posted: 27 May 2009 at 9:19am
I'm 50/50 on this one.  I have a strained deltoid and racing down Icicle in a bit of pain seems like a bad idea.  Either way, I'll be there to help time, set safety, etc. 
... preparing for a river beating!     
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 27 May 2009 at 9:56am
Thanks Tom I will take you up on that. The race will be closed for E-Registration tomorrow. At which time I will post a final notice. If you are racing you need to join now!!! If you do not join the Email chain will not include you. Please understand there is a reason for this.

1 more day left.
huckin harms
Master Poster
Master Poster

Quote huckin harms Replybullet Posted: 27 May 2009 at 10:02am
whoa James, there are folks who will likely join to race, but have limited or no access to a computer.... 
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 27 May 2009 at 10:35am
And that's cool, they just won't be included in the email ring, which is good since they would not have access or limited access to a computer.

Everyone will still have all day friday to register and sat morning. No registrations will be allowed at the snow creek parking lot however.

Edited by James - 27 May 2009 at 10:36am
huckin harms
Master Poster
Master Poster

Quote huckin harms Replybullet Posted: 27 May 2009 at 11:10am

oh, ok... thats good.

James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 28 May 2009 at 1:51pm
The race is now closed to online entries.

We are also going to be canceling the race as an official event. Please inquire at the Ball for more details. People are more than welcome to run that stretch of whitewater for fun, and even time themselves however there will not be an official event on the Lower Icicle.

If you were interested in the Race and you did not join this event, please come to the ball and find me to discuss this. All racers will be emailed and updated.

Thanks
JoesKayak
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote JoesKayak Replybullet Posted: 28 May 2009 at 2:38pm
Awwwwww geez... Didn't see your post James. half hour too late.

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version