Professor Paddle: Stuck Kayak Green River vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Lost \ Found \ Stolen
 Professor Paddle : Classifieds : Lost \ Found \ Stolen
Message Icon Topic: Stuck Kayak Green River Post Reply Post New Topic
Renee
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Renee Replybullet Topic: Stuck Kayak Green River
    Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 4:39pm

Sunday - 4/21,  I had a tramatic kayak accident on the green river down from Flaming Geyser Park.  My kayak is pinned between the heavy current and a large tree root approx 2 miles down stream from the Bridge Park launch.  I spent more than 20 min in the water with my service dog who eventually drowned in my arms.  I spent more than 15 min trying to revive but did not succeed.  My Kayak was a Necky Single by Manitou and was sunburst in color.  The paddle was still attached and my dry bag and emergency gear were in the kayak.  The opening is toward the tree root.  I've already contacted Mtn View Rescue and since it is no longer a life and death situation, they will not be able to help.  I just want to retreive my kayak and put this whole incident behind me and seek closure.  If anyone can help or may have seen the Kayak, please send me an email or call me @ 253-508-2464 or you can call Tim @ 253-508-7012.  We started out at the Bridge park off of 218th and Green Valley road and were approx 2 miles in to the run.  We hoped to finish at Hwy 18 in Auburn. I have a satellite photo from Google that may help in identifying were I was.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
PowWrangler
PP Junkie
PP Junkie

Quote PowWrangler Replybullet Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 8:11pm
Huh??   Your service dog was in your kayak?   Paddle attached?  wtf?
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
bronkrdr
Super Looper
Super Looper

Quote bronkrdr Replybullet Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 8:15pm

How do we get a copy of the sat pic? I might be passing through that area tomorrow.

- Adam
I drink rum and wear my wife's underwear when no one is looking!
Kiwi
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Kiwi Replybullet Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 8:44pm
That sounds aweful, but I really don't understand.
how did your service dog end up trapped on a rootwad in the green river?
that really sucks.
Renee
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote Renee Replybullet Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 9:38pm
He is the approx location from Google Satellite - you can call my husband at 253-508-7012 (Tim)

Thanks,

Renee

oukr9965
Super Looper
Super Looper

Quote oukr9965 Replybullet Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 9:40am
I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Lanson
H2Ohta
McNasty
McNasty

Quote H2Ohta Replybullet Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 9:46am
I too am sorry for your loss.  A bit more information with regards to the way in which this happend may be helpful for the possible rescuers.  I know this is a tough time but understanding more about what caused that incident in the first place would be helpful for the safety of those that may volunteer so they know what hazards they may encounter.  Again, sorry for your loss!!!
Chris Ohta 
H2Ohta
Renee
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote Renee Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2009 at 11:02am
 I found my Kayak down stream close to the 18 Fwy bridge.  It was tangled in berry bushes and tree limbs.  I was needless to say blown away!  I want to thank everyone for helping with the rescue, providing education, and offering your sympathies for my service dog JJ.  I feel as if you have taken us in to your inner circle and provided us with comfort and guidance for our future outings.  I want to especially thank the owner of Alpine Adventures, Casey, Lisa, Rick, Greg, Dr White Water, Mtn View Res #44,  and others for reaching out to us. You all are wonderfull.  My Husband and I would like to go back down the river in a white water raft with an experienced guide when the water and current level permits.  We would like to scatter some flowers in memory of JJ -  where he passed away.  If anyone knows or can provide this we would be more than willing to compensate for the trip.

Again, thank you so much for everything - especially alpine adventures who brought attention to this wonderfull website and gave us suggestions on classes for us to take before we plan to venture out alone again.

I've always believed in Karma and this situation has given me more proof that it truly exists. 

Sincerely,

Renee and the LaViers Family.
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version