Professor Paddle: Moderators vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Ideas / Issues / Problems / Fixes / Updates
 Professor Paddle : Site Support : Ideas / Issues / Problems / Fixes / Updates
Message Icon Topic: Moderators Post Reply Post New Topic
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Replybullet Topic: Moderators
    Posted: 15 Dec 2006 at 11:08am
First off thanks for being willing to help with the different daily activities that our group encounters. As a Moderator there are different tasks and responsibilities that you will have which are designed to allow you to lead and help our community grow and become driven with purpose and direction.

Obviously were a small group and we do not need to get to carried away with a little planning here and there, that does not however mean that we should not be organized with the small details we need to oversee. To take care of this community in the most efficent manner possible, we will have different moderators that are tasked with a particular focus within the club. Unlike standard positions (Secretary, Treasurer, etc..) we will have leadership in area's like New Membership, Recreation and Planning, Technical Support and Resource Supervision. Its simple.

Yotes (Moderator of New Membership)
There is no doubt in my mind that Ryan has a gift at meeting and developing a fast fun relationship with people. His friends skill levels are not indicative of his interest either, and that is the most critical trait that Ryan possess. Ryan is able to relate to the newest boaters and the most experienced boaters, and he is quite new and experienced at the same time. It is exciting to have Ryan handle this area and I am sure our members will be more active and feel more accepted and involved after joining because of his abilities and natural positive attitude. I have watched his skill in a boat explode and I hope that his natural abilities on the water compliment his interaction with our members.

Tradguy2 (Moderator of Technical Support and Platform Training)
Tom is a master of nomenclature. Lets be honest. There is no acronym or property he does not know or can not figure out. PP.com is obviously a complex site that is constantly changing. There is no doubt that as we continue to change and grow we will need a moderator that is capable of adapting to new systems and tools and helping our group understand the purpose and function of the tools we are building. Tom is an expert in process and control and I have complete confidence that if there is a problem he will find it, accurately describe it, and then understand the solution that I develop. That is the basis for his expertise in helping our community become proficent at interacting and functioning online with our friends and family. We are blessed to have Tom aboard and I am so excited that an industry professional is willing to take part in our community at such a key level.

Jdufay (Moderator of Recreation and Planning)
Jon was actually the first name that went down in this thread. And true to form he is number 3. When I say that it is not a description of his skill, ability or experience on the water. On this list he would certainly be on the top if that were the case. No the simple fact is that when it comes to a party. There just ain't a single person that I would rather have planning and parting with than my main man Jon. Not just the life of the party, Jon is easily the fastest developing playboater around in my opinon. He is picking up new moves on big waves and eager to learn better form and understanding of his targeted skill. When most of us are winding down from a hard day on the river, Jon is the one ready to kick chuckie back in gear for the beer run. There is no question that if were going to have successfull parties and events, we need to start with Experience, Dedication, and proven success. All three are not just traits of Jon, they are foundations... LET THE PARTY BEGIN!!!!

More details will follow and as I have specific requests, you will all see them. I am going to be building some basic descriptions of what each one of you should be focusing on but, for now this should suffice. I can not tell you all how much this means to me, and It is truly my goal and ambition t
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
tradguy2
Master Poster
Master Poster
Fabric Fanatic

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tradguy2 Replybullet Posted: 15 Dec 2006 at 11:47am
Wow, James makes me sound almost competent.  So professor, do you think you could have a little talk with my VP?
... preparing for a river beating!     
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version