Professor Paddle: SLOUGH SLOG II, final pitch vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Events
 Professor Paddle : General : Events
Message Icon Event: SLOUGH SLOG II, final pitch - Event Date: 08 Mar 2009 Post Reply Post New Topic
ChristianKnight
WW Industry
WW Industry

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ChristianKnight Replybullet Calendar Event: SLOUGH SLOG II, final pitch
    Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 5:37pm
SLOUGH SLOG II
WILMOT-GATEWAY PARK
WOODINVILLE
SUNDAY, MARCH 8
ARRIVE: 9:30
RACE START: 10
FEE: $0
PRIZES: $0

It's flat. And it's grueling. But with enough people, it is actually fun. And ... and ... on an average workout day on the Slough, I'll burn more than 500 calories, according to my Suunto Coach. So even though the weather might be uninviting, (Accuweather is calling for 42 degrees and sunshine) come out to Woodinville's Wilmot-Gateway Park for one of your most interesting workouts of the year. The staggered start will ensure a finish that could produce an overall winner from any of the four categories—creekboat, whitewater long boat, sea kayak and wildwater. If the three-mile course doesn't test you at the finish, it surely will at the attainment, where swift current separates the racer from the finish line.
Robe Canyon will be below five feet and the Sky will be no higher than 2,000 cfs.
If you're planning on coming, please drop me an e-mail with your intentions and your boat-type at christian@paddlermagazine.com, so I'll have an idea of how many are coming and what boat categories need more competitors.
I'm looking forward to seeing all of you there.
Catch your eddies,
Christian
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
ChristianKnight
WW Industry
WW Industry

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ChristianKnight Replybullet Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 7:54pm
And remember that Daylight Saving Time begins on Sunday. So don't show up an hour late, if you're going to show up.
Catch your eddies,
Christian
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version