Professor Paddle: Austin Creek Falls vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Run Submissions & Gauge Discussions
 Professor Paddle : Site Support : Run Submissions & Gauge Discussions
Message Icon Topic: Austin Creek Falls Post Reply Post New Topic
Wiggins
PP Junkie
PP Junkie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Wiggins Replybullet Topic: Austin Creek Falls
    Posted: 06 Jan 2009 at 6:44pm

Class IV

Location: Sudden Valley, Bellingham, Wa. Take the Lakeway Dr exit and head east on Lakeway. Take a right onto Lake Louise Dr. About three miles later you will start coming to the enterance gates into Sudden Valley. The gate to the creek is gate 5 (gates in Sudden Valley are not locked gates they are just intersections to roads leading into the community). It will be the first gate on the right (west) side of the road. If you come to the intersection of Lake Louise Dr and Lake Whatcom Blvd you have gone too far. Take the first right onto Tumbling Water Dr. The parking lot for the trail is on the left side of the road about one hundred yards down Tumbling Water Dr.

Season and Levels:

Fall through Spring with heavy rains and snowmelt. This only flows when there has been a lot of water released over a very short period of time. Gauge is visual.

Description:

This is a short park and huck tripple drop consisting of a ten foot slide with a short pool, followed by a eight foot creek wide ledge. The first drop can me run anywhere, the second drop is run straight down the center. Run the last ledge on the right as there is a shallow rock in the tongue in the middle, and the left is shallow.

The put in is up a trail leading from the parking lot. The trail has a smaller fork that comes down to the top of the slide.

The take out is a trail from the bottom of the lower ledge that leads back up to the parking lot. 

Edited by Wiggins - 07 Jan 2009 at 3:00pm
I smell bacon
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Wiggins
PP Junkie
PP Junkie

Quote Wiggins Replybullet Posted: 06 Jan 2009 at 6:54pm
Kyle
I smell bacon
justin
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote justin Replybullet Posted: 07 Jan 2009 at 8:35am
Did you run it Kyle, it's kinda funny that you can see the entire thing in two pictures.
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 07 Jan 2009 at 8:50am
Kyle - I will add a run for Austin Creek and you can fill it with details.

Here you go: Austin Creek Triple drop Park n Huck

Edited by James - 07 Jan 2009 at 8:54am
Wiggins
PP Junkie
PP Junkie

Quote Wiggins Replybullet Posted: 07 Jan 2009 at 2:52pm

I didn't run it. I couldn't get there until after it was starting to get dark. I just had time to take a few photos and was going to go back today. It is too high today and there is no way to take out.

Kyle
I smell bacon
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version