Professor Paddle: Gear Review vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Gear Review Post Reply Post New Topic
Liz
Super Looper
Super Looper

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Liz Replybullet Topic: Gear Review
    Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 11:43am

Retail is a little slow, so I’ve made up “Liz’s gear review for your reading pleasure.”  (aka some whitewater stuff I have seen recently that looks cool)

Astra Greenjacket:  FINALLY got its USGS approval as of November 4th.  It should be shipping out to retailers.  The jacket is designed with two front buoyancy panels that move when you move—Genius! (like their Willis and Bella jackets, but in rescue vest form).  It’s a pullover and has increased back protection, along with the standard Astral throwbag pocket and tow tether side pocket.  Apparently it fits women ok too.  Ladies, I’ll let you know once I get my hands on it.

http://www.astralbuoyancy.com/products/men/greenJacket/index.html

NRS Revolution Drytop with eVent:  I like this top because it’s made out of eVent.  Destined to be the new Gore-Tex, eVent breathes up to twice as well as other waterproof breathable membranes.  It’s Direct Venting Technology allows sweat to pass through its pores in one step.  Most waterproof/breathable membranes move moisture out in a two-step process, requiring the fabric to saturate with sweat before venting begins.  More comfortable, quicker venting.  The fabric is also more supple, quiet and light than the standard.  I don’t know of another dry top made of eVent (does anyone else?), and unfortunately there isn’t a women’s version out yet.

Merrell Gradient shoes:  Palm and Merrell got together and came up with this little number.  It won’t come out until spring of 2009 (at best), so the only link I could find for it is from a UK company. 

http://www.kayaks.co.uk/product_info_style1.php?products_id=273&osCsid=e8a956753a9ba5d8bc9b4145875239a2

Palm and Merrell are usually pretty reputable.  The shoe claims to have a low profile

(although it doesn’t look it), and best of all, it has VIBRAM RUBBER on the outsole.  Could be good.

IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Liz
Super Looper
Super Looper

Quote Liz Replybullet Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 1:32pm
Oops!  "Retail is slow" in that I work in retail and work is slow this morning so I worked on. :)  Not a general comment on the state of the economy. 
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
RyanBC
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote RyanBC Replybullet Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 2:58am
We just got in our Green Jackets and I picked one up. Tough job replacing the old AquaVest but the Green Jacket is awsome, super comfey.
Westerncanoekayak.com
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version