Professor Paddle: The Second Annual World Kayak "Am I Ready for the vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: The Second Annual World Kayak "Am I Ready for the Post Reply Post New Topic
darcy
WW Industry
WW Industry

Online Status: Offline
  Quote darcy Replybullet Topic: The Second Annual World Kayak "Am I Ready for the
    Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 12:16pm
Have you ever been down the Gauley? If not this is the event for you. World Kayak has teamed up with some of the worlds best guides to provide you with an exceptional personal first descent of the amazing Gauley River. You must have never been on the section of the Gauley that you are applying for. Send your kayaking resume to colin@worldkayak.com and we will help you determine if you are ready to boat the Gauley. Once we have your application we will give you a shout to discuss your boating, and then we will draw names out of a hat to set the groups. Groups will consist of 4 first timers and 2 guides. Your application must be received by 9/12/08. This year we have a great list of guides that is still growing. Clay Wright and Ruth Gordon will be on hand for JK, Chris Gratgrams and Roger Loughney will represent for IR, and Spencer Cooke and Steve Fisher will be there for Riot. Small World Adventures has sweetened the pot for us this year as well. They have provided a half price trip to Ecuador. You can choose from one of the 4 trips that they have in the month of November. I can tell you from first hand experience that Small World has Ecuador dialed! Their knowledge of the rivers of Ecuador is unreal, and their accommodations are to die for. Check them out at www.smallworldadventures.com. We will draw the winner of the half priced trip at Gauley Festival, and all applicants are in that drawing, so even if you don’t get one of the coveted Gauley spots you can still get an exceptional river experience. You must be present to win the trip. The “Am I Ready for the Gauley?” event will take place 9/20/08, Gauley Festival Saturday.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 7:13pm

...Or be a TRUE ADVENTURER: go yourself! read up the run, hone your skills, talk to folks who've done it, and just GO!

Tons of people have run it over the last several decades, and lived to tell the tale. Of course, SO MANY people run it, that occassionally the law of averages do catch up (there are a few undercuts). So be sure to educate yourself and practice general good riverrunning habits.

🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version