Professor Paddle: Hackers Help! vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Ideas / Issues / Problems / Fixes / Updates
 Professor Paddle : Site Support : Ideas / Issues / Problems / Fixes / Updates
Message Icon Topic: Hackers Help! Post Reply Post New Topic
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Replybullet Topic: Hackers Help!
    Posted: 03 Aug 2008 at 8:53am
Just a quick shout out to all the Hackers out there that have been generally screwing with this site and hundreds of others to further your shitty little script exploits....

It has been exactly 1 week since our last hacking... Although I appreciate this quite a bit, it was not because you all stopped. In the last week we have had over 20 injection attempts and more than a hundred hits from banned IPs so I know your out there working. Just not successfully!~

This might be the part that seems a bit crazy. I am going boating today and I need to have the site hacked. I know you might be having a little harder time, but it is pretty critical that I resolve this today since work is picking up big time tomorrow.

So in one last request, come hack us. You big lazy communist pussies. I don't usually call out this type of attention but I am sick of waiting for a successful attack. I need some sort of confirmation today.

Lets go you RENOBS, pickup the pace and get some exploits in here!

Edited by James - 03 Aug 2008 at 9:01am
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 03 Aug 2008 at 9:28am
Hack hack hack.... I try to hack site but no work. Vodka help me think better........
Nomad
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
franzhorner
PP Junkie
PP Junkie
outdoors music woodwork

Quote franzhorner Replybullet Posted: 03 Aug 2008 at 3:58pm
There is a special place in hell for hackers right next to the spot for naked short selling market manipulators, people who dump trash along side the road, and the idiots who tagged my garbage can with their territorial markings...damn them, damn them all to hell! he he ha ha ho ho!

how come i'm the only active member online on this beautiful sunny sunday!?? i hope everyone is having a great day on the river!!
MORE RAIN PLEASE
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 03 Aug 2008 at 4:19pm
I heard some people hacking in some safety meeting on the Sky today. James?
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 03 Aug 2008 at 6:15pm
There was no hacking and no safety on the Sky today.... in fact I would venture to say that any runs with Dangerous Dave are certain to be far from safe...

J
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 03 Aug 2008 at 6:43pm
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 03 Aug 2008 at 7:00pm
Jees James your already on the internet? Are you a junkie or what?
Nomad
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 03 Aug 2008 at 7:01pm
I have to say, today was a spectacular day on both the Sky and the Sultan. What a day for a combo run. Water and sun, what more could you ask for. We even had barbecue food!
Nomad
Tobin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote Tobin Replybullet Posted: 03 Aug 2008 at 7:11pm
James said  "injection"  that makes me smile
Sure?
matta
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Quote matta Replybullet Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 9:54pm
Sadly, the computer people at my work have told me I'm no longer allowed on this site at work b/c of all trojan's they detected. . . .
Kiwi
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Kiwi Replybullet Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 9:59pm
when I typed this adress about one hour ago it said that the site was dangerous for my computer, what do people get from hacking this website? a bunch of angry kayakers? seriously, what are they getting out of this?
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 7:46am
Just FYI for those that are not understanding all of this.

We have had multiple types of hacks. The biggest one that was the nastiest and hardest to prevent was the SQL Injection attack. Although a hacker could not place a dangerous trojan on our server for distribution they can put it on their own server and then stuff links on our website which remotely load or redirect you to the dangerous trojan. Theses links and scripts would be removed moments after an attack but if you visited the page during an attack it would load them. Unfortunately Google Cached a page that had these scripts listed and we are not blacklisted on Google. They are going to review this site and remove the blacklisting but it takes time.

The vunerability that allowed this exploit has been resolved to the best of my ability and we have had hundreds of attempts with zero success for the last week.

What do people gain... Well they gain visibility and in some cases it could be a financial win. They could stuff a script that launched popups and those could be tied to a bank account they got paid with... there are tons of benefits from braging to simple attacking.

Hackers could care less that we kayak. The first is that were American, the second is that we were getting pretty good traffic, and the third is that we were vulnerable.

I could not change the first two very easily and so I started on fixing # 3. I figured when that was done I could work on not being an American.

Once google re-caches out site alot of warnings will be removed, until then you can always view the source of a page and assure yourself that their are no hidden scripts or viri.
STLboater
PP Junkie
PP Junkie

Quote STLboater Replybullet Posted: 13 Nov 2008 at 3:57pm
Hack Hack, Chop Chop
Kayak Academy Whitewater Instructor
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version