Professor Paddle: Boise Area Paddling vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Events
 Professor Paddle : General : Events
Message Icon Topic: Boise Area Paddling Post Reply Post New Topic
H2Ohta
McNasty
McNasty

Online Status: Offline
  Quote H2Ohta Replybullet Topic: Boise Area Paddling
    Posted: 25 Jun 2008 at 11:46am
I will be in Boise for the second week in July for work.  Is there any park and play close to the city for post work sessions? 
H2Ohta
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
dylan
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Quote dylan Replybullet Posted: 25 Jun 2008 at 12:01pm

There is a wave in town on the Boise River. American whitewater has the beta.

Also, there is the Gutter, out on the Payette, near Horseshoe Bend. I'm sure there are more spots as well.

-Dylan

gowithflow
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote gowithflow Replybullet Posted: 25 Jun 2008 at 1:07pm
I would get the book "Playboater's guide to Idaho":

Its well done like this website with accurate flows and great information.  Like was said before the "gutter" will be in along with various playspots on the Main payette and South Fork of the Payette.  If you have time take a trip for Riggins for the really great stuff rodeo hole, couch wave, gold hole, etc.

IP IP Logged Send Private Message
oukr9965
Super Looper
Super Looper

Quote oukr9965 Replybullet Posted: 25 Jun 2008 at 1:34pm

The wave in town is called the 36th Street Wave.  It's pretty nice but the levels have to be pretty high if I recall.  You can probably call IRS (Idaho River Sports) and get the beta for that spot.  The Gutter, like said before, is in Horseshoe Bend.  I've only been there at lower water and it was kind of shallow, but still fun.  When the levels are really high the bladder wave comes in there and that's suppose to be epic.  If you're going to drive that far, you can drive a few more miles up to the Main/SF/NF Payette.

H2Ohta
McNasty
McNasty

Quote H2Ohta Replybullet Posted: 25 Jun 2008 at 3:14pm
Thanks for the suggestions.  I do have the "Playboater guide..." and will try local shops to find out more beta.  If anyone is in the area the 2nd week in July and would like to paddle, drop me a PM or call 425-466-8370.  I would be stoked to get in some creeking on the weekend. 
Chris Ohta
H2Ohta
justin
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote justin Replybullet Posted: 25 Jun 2008 at 3:51pm
last time I was in Idaho river sports, I overheard some guys talking about a secret wave that was in some farmers feild.  I wish I could tell ya more.
ChrisW
Paddler
Paddler

Quote ChrisW Replybullet Posted: 25 Jun 2008 at 10:33pm
The 36th street wave probably won't be in. The Weir just 5 minutes east of downtown Boise past the golf course is lots of fun, great front and back surfing, 360, sidesurfs etc, always good but shallow, generally folks are there most afternoons and evenings. A step up is the Gutter, Bladder wave and Fishladder at Horseshoe Bend approximately 30 minutes from Boise. The Gutter can be real playful and retentive, with a good recovery pool. Tuck tight it can be shallow.  I have not been there when the Bladder wave is in, but I hear it is great. When I am in Boise I never miss a chance to hit both play spots.
Ski to Sea; Rivers Rock!     Old-Man's Stopped Rolling, now just rides on his Red Rubber Ducky!
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version