Professor Paddle: 2008 Summer Gorge Games vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Events
 Professor Paddle : General : Events
Message Icon Event: 2008 Summer Gorge Games - Event Date: 17 Jul 2008 Post Reply Post New Topic
Gorgegames
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gorgegames Replybullet Calendar Event: 2008 Summer Gorge Games
    Posted: 05 Jun 2008 at 4:21pm

The Gorge Games returns to the White Salmon River for 2008. Come compete or party July 17th-20th.

Events include:

-Extreme Downriver
-Gorge Games Boatercross

In addition to the sporting events there will be open air concerts daily, community events (a pub crawl !!), and much more.

For registration or more details visit, www.gorgegames.net
Come out to compete or come out to party!

www.gorgegames.net
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 22 Jul 2008 at 1:12pm
So how was the Gorge Games this year... I have not heard anything from anyone about it yet and I know a few pretty big groups headed down from seattle....

Any post event reviews or photos?
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
septimus prime
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote septimus prime Replybullet Posted: 22 Jul 2008 at 1:36pm
I saw a pretty harsh review on boatertalk.
Jon Shell Bee
Fish
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote Fish Replybullet Posted: 22 Jul 2008 at 1:49pm
A bunch of different crews rallied to the Games, and overall turnout was good.  Sam Drevo and John from the Kayak Shed did a great job of organizing, however i felt this event could have been a lot better.   For starters, qualifying was held on friday morning, excluding all lot of potential paddlers from attending.... unless your local, sponsored,  or don't have a job.  The boater cross was exciting as crowds lined the banks and cheered for their favorite paddler.  The extreme race was as expected, a racer only type event unless you were able to find Big Brother from the road...  While i'm happy the Games have returned, i'm hoping that future organizers allow for better spectator access and more reasonable schedule in the future.  This event has great potential, but that potential was far short of being reached this year.  I will say this in closing,  the female racers came out in force,  and really represented!  Heather and the PDX girls kicked some ass and i'm glad to see that the ladies are gettin in done!
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version