Professor Paddle: Results from the Ball vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Events
 Professor Paddle : General : Events
Message Icon Event: Results from the Ball - Event Date: 24 May 2008 Post Reply Post New Topic
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Replybullet Calendar Event: Results from the Ball
    Posted: 28 May 2008 at 11:21am
By the end of this afternoon By late thursday night... the results of the ball will be posted to this thread. Updates will include, Competition Results, Financial Statement, Post Event Commentary, Media, and of course special thanks to our sponsor's and event volunteers.

Edited by James - 29 May 2008 at 11:41pm
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Fish
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote Fish Replybullet Posted: 29 May 2008 at 3:39pm
Was looking forward to seeing the posted times and results of this past weekends events.  Any ideas as to when these will be posted?
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 29 May 2008 at 11:35pm
So this is going to open up into a full discussion thread after I make a few posts in the correct order.

I am going to start in backwards order since I feel it is best. First goes thanks. If I went into it all here there would be so much to say no one would keep reading... so instead read my thanks if you desire! Thank You!

As you all know this event started with planning through the year. As the planning progressed we hit the weekend before the Ball. Phil being the awesome guy he is allowed us to work on the ramp the weekend prior so we did just that.

After all the Hard Work was done we took the ramp back down so it would not be swept away in the rising waters of the wenatchee river which was rising each hour!

The following weekend we started working Thursday to get everything prepared and here is what went down.

The AQUA SPORTS DOWN RIVER RACE
Sat Morning a good portion of the down river racers met for the meeting and shuttle up to the lower icicle creek run. All the shuttling was a little loose and with new entries popping up left and right it was a challenge to get the event moving in the time alloted. Luckily with a bomber Crew up top (Tom and Ambre) the boats soon made their way down and the Timing began.

RACE RESULTS

The PALM Freestyle Rodeo
After the Down River Race, I was whisked off to the Campground where a good portion of the Rodeo Competitor's met up for the pre-rodeo meeting. We went over the basics which were in the end futile and wound up doing more little briefings with last minute entries again on the banks of the Hole. Racing again to get things moving, we launched into the competition, unfortunately the pics have not come in from the few folks that I knew were shooting that day. The Judges say upload!!!!

The honorable Eric Sandstrom was presiding, Silen
Chuck e fresh
Master Poster
Master Poster
Post Jester - Round Tres

Quote Chuck e fresh Replybullet Posted: 30 May 2008 at 9:25am

Yup !

There's no such word as can't!so stop making excuses!!!!
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 30 May 2008 at 2:43pm
Congrats to Ben, Rob M and Rob V the first place winners!

Thanks also to everyone who came out, competed and had a great time! You made the events worthwhile !!!!

I can't wait to see who and what we drum up next year for the comps!!!
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 30 May 2008 at 3:03pm

I vote that next year we have a 3" boater class-- you know, it would be like the pine-wood durby in boy scouts: everyone make a 3" (roughly) paddler  & boat out of minicell then rgister and race them! we could have downriver, freestyle, and big-air comps for the miniture river maggots!

Edited by wetmouse - 30 May 2008 at 3:04pm
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
Fish
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote Fish Replybullet Posted: 30 May 2008 at 3:16pm
Hand made kayak race, I love it
kayakattack
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote kayakattack Replybullet Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 5:57pm
Finally, we have posted the pictures we obtained from the Ball. Since we took so many, I've just posted them all. The ones I uploaded were posted as is without any development done, so they are not anywhere near their potential image quality. If you like them as is, you can download them, no charge, just please give kayakattack.com credit if you use them elsewhere. If you like a picture, but would like a better quailty of it, send us an email admin@kayakattack.com  with the image name and I'll send you the RAW image or develop the RAW image for you. Enjoy!

Thanks everyone for hosting such a fine event and for making the whole family feel so welcome. We had a great time and we're looking forward to next year!

-Kimberly
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
kayakattack
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote kayakattack Replybullet Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 5:58pm
I suppose you want a link to the pictures too, huh?

IP IP Logged Send Private Message
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 05 Jun 2008 at 7:14am
nice shots kayakattack
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
Chuck e fresh
Master Poster
Master Poster
Post Jester - Round Tres

Quote Chuck e fresh Replybullet Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 11:29pm
Hella nice yo !
There's no such word as can't!so stop making excuses!!!!
dragorossinw
WW Industry
WW Industry

Quote dragorossinw Replybullet Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 11:46pm
They'll be back taking pics at Wenatchee Fest (kayakattack that is) so check their site, its coooo   www.kayakattack.com
Tony Z
dragorossinorthwest@yahoo.com
www.nookiekayaking.us
www.dragorossi.com
www.donkeyfIip.com
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version