Professor Paddle: 2008 Professor Paddle Ball vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Events
 Professor Paddle : General : Events
Message Icon Event: 2008 Professor Paddle Ball - Event Date: 24 May 2008 Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Replybullet Calendar Event: 2008 Professor Paddle Ball
    Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 10:38am
2008 Professor Paddle Ball

Before I open this years discussion thread up let me explain the workings of this years event.

First this years event unlike the past 3 is all about the action. In years past I have basically planned a way to get folks together so they could meet and have fun. Events usually were small and the real goal was a big party. Well thats partly the goal, but this year with the added support of over 10 people planning and easily more help from Tobin then anyone will ever understand, I have decided to focus only on one thing. The COMPS.

This years ball will consist of 3 Competitions and 4 Side Events. The schedule and further details regarding the ball are published on the balls page. The Competitions are the Freestyle Event, Down River Race and Big Air Comp. The Events are the Ramp Jam Session, Cook Off, Auction, Raffle and of course the final Schwag Distribution.

All of the competitions will be run in the preferred order of competitor registration. So if you sign-up early you can essentially select when you want to compete during the event. Last minute sign-ups although available will be offered with a limitation on total attendance so don't wait till the last minute. Look up your event on the Balls page and signup in the trip.

The chili cook off is also going to be a sign up required event. Because were going to be helping produce back up food we would like to make sure that we properly gauge the attendance and number of entries for the competition. You can find these details and more on the Balls page.

So this is the discussion thread. Let me know if you have questions but you should probably check out the balls page before you ask because it might be covered.

Thanks again to all our sponsors this year and please clear your calendars for this years ball on May 23-25.

The Balls Page will be updated along with trip/event pages as we finalize the last details.

Edited by James - 29 Apr 2008 at 11:59am
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 12:26pm
Attached are a few flyers for anyone interested in printing a few out and helping get them passed around where folks might be interested, bars, the millionares club, liquor stores, LaborReady, you know where ever boaters are hanging out... oh or boating stores!

James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 01 May 2008 at 3:56pm
Just for Gordon. This is now an official announcement to all forums.. lol

If your interested in competing in one of this years events please signup on that Events Trip Page! Below are the different Events that you can participate in. By signing up early you will help us gauge the number of paddlers coming and that is a huge help for the planning of the events.

Event Name
Event Date
(qp) Down River Race5/24/2008
(qp) Freestyle Rodeo5/24/2008
(qp) Big Air Jam Session5/24/2008
(qp) Cook Off5/24/2008
(qp) Big Air Competition5/25/2008

Thanks again to everyone that is helping plan this years event, and to everyone that is coming out to support PP.

RemAcct2
Limited Access
Limited Access

Quote RemAcct2 Replybullet Posted: 04 May 2008 at 9:23pm
Remember...we need volunteers.  Please take a look at the volunteer thread if you would like to help out at the event...

http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6670&PN=1
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Guests

Quote Guests Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2008 at 5:42am
I'm sure this ball will be sweet. I wish I could come. Enjoy the events that James puts on and make sure to thank him for all the work he does for the community.
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 07 May 2008 at 10:59am
KTW thanks for the kind words, but it should not go to me this year. It all goes to our planning group! They have met several times and indeed blown me away with the amount of interest and work that has been done. This years event will be a smash and only because we have effort from alot of folks.

The sponsor's this year have made a huge difference too. WIth a continued flow of new donations were looking at more schwag than I have ever seen at a festival before! From New boats and Dry Suits to Paddles, Helmets and Skirts were going to be throwing out some serious gear this year!

The best part is its all going to our paddling participants and their guests!!!

So don't wait any longer, go signup in the events that catch your eye and start practicing your moves.

It does not look likely, but the max for each event is posted on the trip page, and once that amount of paddlers is reached the event will be closed. We have limited time to make all these events happen so I am going to try and encourage people to signup in advance and not wait till the last moment, if for some reason we fill up, we will do everything we can to accomodate last minute entries but priority will go to those that register early.
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 07 May 2008 at 5:26pm
Does that include registration fee, too? I mean, I "joined the trip" for the event I'm interested in. Now what? if you need dough let me know, bro. Otherwise I'll have it the day of the show fo sho.

Edited by wetmouse - 07 May 2008 at 5:26pm
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 08 May 2008 at 9:33am
Yea the trip joining is just to keep track of whos going to show up and compete. The event fee is one fee for all the events and it is really there to cover the cost of the ramp not any one particular event.

Also stay tuned to some changes on the Down River Race, all current competitor's will receive updates via email about their events so be sure to signup like daMouse.
Guests

Quote Guests Replybullet Posted: 08 May 2008 at 9:36am
Make sure to post the results afterwards for those who can't make it...=(
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 14 May 2008 at 8:13am
Just FYI, I picked up a load of schwag from Aquasports, we have additional gear coming in this afternoon and so tonight I will officially post up the Prizes!!!

Also posted will be more info on these updates:
Freestyle Point Guideline
Lower Icicle Down River Race Meeting Place Change and Details. (NOW MEETING AT THE BALL HQ AND CAMPING ZONE)
Raffle Items

These updates will be posted to each event's page and any paddlers joined in that event will receive an update via email.

PREPARE, with less than 2 weeks to GO its right AROUND The Corner!!!!
Chuck e fresh
Master Poster
Master Poster
Post Jester - Round Tres

Quote Chuck e fresh Replybullet Posted: 14 May 2008 at 9:56am
I can't believe the balls practicially right in front of our  face's !  Wow !!!
There's no such word as can't!so stop making excuses!!!!
Yotes
Big Boofer
Big Boofer
Daddy Dutch Oven

Quote Yotes Replybullet Posted: 14 May 2008 at 10:52am
Hey chuckster, you bringing your board again this year? We still gotta go poach that dirtbike track by rodeo!
Tobin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote Tobin Replybullet Posted: 14 May 2008 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Chuck e fresh

I can't believe the balls practicially right in front of our  face's !  Wow !!!

Chuckie has BALLS in front of his face!!!    
Sure?
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 15 May 2008 at 8:17pm
The Prizes have been updated!!!!

Good Luck to everyone!

I feel like the luckiest guy in the world, I have all this sweet gear at my house and I get to give it away to all my friends! Its not of course all from me or tobin or leif and other planners either. Our Sponsors have had a huge part in making this year a hit!

Thanks to the 2008 Sponsors
Bliss Stick, Palm, MTI, NRS, Werner, Nookie, SnapDragon

And a Big thanks to Aqua Sports for being the only NW Boating Store that has supported our event and online community! Charles wrangled up some great gear for our event this year and although we don't get to see him much on the river, we should all be pretty thankful for his support. Thanks!!!!

James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 21 May 2008 at 5:57am
Just FYI,

THe Down River Race Meeting is going to be at the PP Ball HQ and Campground.

Because of Flows the Run selected for the Race and the feature selected for the Rodeo are undetermined right now. As we approach the day of the event, the feature/run will be selected. Peshastin is now an option for the race, however it is only a stand by option at this point.

Lets all hope for some dropping levels on the wenatchee!!!!
oukr9965
Super Looper
Super Looper

Quote oukr9965 Replybullet Posted: 21 May 2008 at 7:29am
I'm sorry if I missed this somewhere and it's duplicative; however, I was wondering how much cash on hand one would need to bring for camping for a night, beer, etc....just trying to be prepared.  Looking forward to seeing some of you again and meeting some new people.  Thanks.  Lanson
Christian
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote Christian Replybullet Posted: 21 May 2008 at 2:55pm
all the best, hope you have a great party!! 

bring on the COWBELLS!
Christian, up north

James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 21 May 2008 at 3:32pm
Camping is $10.00 bucks for the weekend
Beer is $10.00 for a bottomless keg cup
One time Event Fee is $10.00 to compete in any events.

There is also a raffle and an auction to help pay for the odds and ends of the festival. This year we are also donating 100% of the profit to a local fund that in my personal view is not just the best use of our money, but also the most effective way for our community to support each other. I will be doing a little announcement on this during the festival but wish not to make a public post to the Board at this time. Come to the Ball to find out more!!!

James
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 21 May 2008 at 6:34pm
Cool. So I'm hoping that Icicle remains the primary choice for the D.R. Race. If it comes down to the 11,000 - 9,000 flow (Wen @ Pesh guage), it should be a suitable level.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2008 at 9:48am
This is one last POST for directions and Maps to the PP Ball to make it easier to find.

First the Ball HQ is at the Put In for the Play Run. It is just upstream of the gravel pull out that people use to put in above rodeo hole. HERE ARE DIRECTIONS

If your looking for simple directions here are some:

These are directions from HWY 2 / 97.
1. Turn East Onto N Dryden Road
(This road is north of cashmere and south of dryden on HWY 2 / 97)
2. Follow N. Dryden Road aprox 1.4 miles
3. Turn West onto a Farm Access Road which drops down to the river. The farm access road is on the north side of the bridge just after Ollala Canyon Road.
4. Drive through the Orchard, Across the Irrigation Canal, and down the hill side. The BALL is on the north side of the road.
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2008 at 12:01pm
Adding to the directions, the N Dryden Rd turn off is also the turnoff for Peshastin Pinnacles State Park. While heading east on Hwy 2 turn left to go to PP State Park. Follow that road for about two miles to a turn off to Ollala Canyon road (sign). Ollala Canyon T's into N Dryden Road and there will be a metal guard rail on your left as your driving past the Ollala Canyon turn off. Look for a dirt driveway just after the metal guard rail and turn left onto it. Go through an apple orchard, over an irrigation canal, then down a hill to flat land at the bottom. Upon reaching the flat land you will see some houses and buildings. The PP Ball is the opposite direction, so swing wide and do a near 180 so that you will take a dirt road/driveway back away from those houses and buildings. The field you will be seeing in front of you is the parking/camping area and I'm sure there will be some signage. Please park in that field and enjoy. Should you not be able to find it, never fear, the Ball will continue on without you.   
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
Chuck e fresh
Master Poster
Master Poster
Post Jester - Round Tres

Quote Chuck e fresh Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2008 at 12:35pm
 Ball's are easy to find, if you got em. Easier when right in front of your face. Such an easy subject to drag out...( balls ) So swing low sweet chariot........ Good direction's Bret ! I close my eye and somtimes both and believe I'm there. It's close and I think it's gonna be off da hizzay fer shizzay !! Yotes I'm down for that ramp session or at least one of those dirt hit's. I'll bring both of my rides, I havn't used them for about a year or so. I may  bring a launch ramp...???? hmmmm. This weekend , it's on !!!

Edited by Chuck e fresh - 26 May 2008 at 10:30pm
Bykguy
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Creeking, Playboating, Cycling, Snowboarding

Quote Bykguy Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2008 at 10:12pm
I had a great time!! Thanks to everyone who helped the Ball roll.
Chris Feather
Chuck e fresh
Master Poster
Master Poster
Post Jester - Round Tres

Quote Chuck e fresh Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2008 at 10:35pm
Hey, Once again.... Load's of fun thanks to everyone that made it happen. 
Guests

Quote Guests Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2008 at 11:11pm
Anyone got results from the events?
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version