Professor Paddle: Play Park in King County vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Parks
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum : Whitewater Parks
Message Icon Topic: Play Park in King County Post Reply Post New Topic
ChristianKnight
WW Industry
WW Industry

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ChristianKnight Replybullet Topic: Play Park in King County
    Posted: 27 Apr 2008 at 11:19am
Hey fellers,
I saw this sub-forum and figured I needed to let you in on a tiny bit of whitewater park information. A few months ago, I met with one of the parks planners at King County Parks and Recreation. We discussed the possibility of a play park at Marymoor Park, where, believe it or not, the Sammamish Slough actually has a bit of gradient and moving current. He said that site in particular would pose some problems, since it's very good bird habitat. And to be honest, I have to agree with him. I go there at least once a week for an eddy-attainment workout (very good workout) and I have to admit the number and variety of bird species there is impressive. I'd hate to affect that. But, TJ told me, if we could find a suitor (he suggested North Bend or Woodinville) King County Parks and Recreation would donate at least $100,000 and perhaps some land as well. The county is already improving access to the Middle Fork of the Snoqualmie. If I remember our conversation correctly, the county is putting in an access point to one of the park and play spots there.
Also, for you Class Vers, the state is paving the Middle Fork road all the way to the top. Know what that means? That Class V+ upper section will be more worth the drive.
Christian Knight
Catch your eddies,
Christian
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Will
Paddler
Paddler

Quote Will Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 9:47am
The State is paving all the way to the new Middle Fork campground. Right by the Taylor River takeout. Gravel after that. The Forest Service also added a gate to the MF road at Dingford Creek, several miles below that Class V+ section made famous in one of those early twitch vids. Now the first half of the drive to that section will be quicker but the second half will be walk-ier.

The gate is right at the Dingford Ck bridge, so that's still fair game. But a little steep for my taste.
What could possibly go wrong?
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 2:57pm
What park and play feature is getting new access?
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version