Professor Paddle: Elliott Bay to Bainbridge Island and Back Race vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Events
 Professor Paddle : General : Events
Message Icon Topic: Elliott Bay to Bainbridge Island and Back Race Post Reply Post New Topic
PaulGamache
McNasty
McNasty

Online Status: Offline
  Quote PaulGamache Replybullet Topic: Elliott Bay to Bainbridge Island and Back Race
    Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 12:40am
Just curious of interest levels in such an event, if it's something that has happend before, etc.  Anyone up for a run, paddle, run, paddle style of a comp where you run a 10k jump in the boat paddle to Bainbridge run another 10k on the island and then race back to the bay? 

The downtown proximity for a race of this sort could bring a lot of attention to the sport.

I'm going to go for a practice test sometime next week in a creek boat if anyone would like to join me.  Paddle to Bainbridge  then paddle back.  I have no idea where I'm going so if anyone has paddled over there before it would be cool to know where a chill landing spot on that side would be.

Paul
27/320 & 1 bootie
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
cronar
Tricky Woo
Tricky Woo

Quote cronar Replybullet Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 7:31am
Paul, there is a cross sound race that happens in the fall from Alki Beach to Bainbridge and back.  Has been going on for years.  I think it would be cool to link it up as part of a multi sport day.  Start running from Lincoln park to Alki (little over 5k run), then paddle over and back and then bike back around West Seattle (know 12k route there with a good hill climb) along Harbor Ave and finish at my favorite pub.   But I like the multi sport idea.  Maybe we should talk about this.
-Nick

Here's the link for the cross sound race.
http://www.soundrowers.org/xsound.htm
PowWrangler
PP Junkie
PP Junkie

Quote PowWrangler Replybullet Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 9:36am
Leif lives on Bainbridge, maybe you guys could plan out the event together...

I'd be interested if it was late September and the rivers are dried up.  Let's chat this weekend about it.
PaulGamache
McNasty
McNasty

Quote PaulGamache Replybullet Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 1:14pm

Nick, thanks for the info on that race.  Checked it out seems like we could easily make something more difficult and include way more disciplines.  Think we could make the paddle section 3x as long needs to be at least 20miles if it's going to be an endurance style race.

There's a triathlon group in seattle: http://www.seatri.org/ they might be able to help out to some extent as well. 

September sounds good to me, we could just do it and see how it goes this year.  Other options would be to turn it into a fundraiser and try and raise some funds for a cause.  I like the end at the Pub idea.  Even if it were just 3 or 4 people who rallied I would be into doing it.  That was how the Burnt Ranch Race started and last year (3rd annual) we had over 50 people.

If anyone wants to help out w/ this feel free I've got tons of events in the works so the more help the better.

Could also do a "dream team" style event where you have one athelete to do each of the disciplines and have it be kind of a relay race.

Weekend dates for September are:  6/7, 13/14, 20/21, 27/28.

If anyone knows of any events already on the calender it would be cool to not cross them up.

Paul

Edited by PaulGamache - 09 Apr 2008 at 1:25pm
27/320 & 1 bootie
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version