Professor Paddle: Idaho Discussion Thread vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Trip Discussion's
 Professor Paddle : General : Events : Trip Discussion's
Message Icon Topic: Idaho Discussion Thread Post Reply Post New Topic
JoeBushyhead
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JoeBushyhead Replybullet Topic: Idaho Discussion Thread
    Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 6:10pm

This is the Idaho discussion thread. Please post any questions below.

Remember the actual Trip Details are located on the Idaho | Trip Page

I've got to be in Boise this Thursday night, one way or another.  One of those ways is as part of a dirtbag roadtrip to offset gas prices (I'll drive, and I can seat 7 more).

You'll have to put up with a sweet bluegrass show on arriving Thurs. night (and a drunk me), but from there, it's Choose-Your-Own-Adventure.  The NF Payette's running, and while I won't run it, I'm starting a staring contest with the Lower 5 for the summer, so I'd be happy to drive shuttle or take pics (check kayakidaho.com for other paddlers, and let me know and I can jump on the phones).  With more water the SF Payette could be a go--some shorter continuous IV and a canyon that's decent at lower flows as long as there's no wood.  The Main is going for sure, straight ahead III pool-drop.

After a restful night on a couch in McCall, it's up to the Salmon.  If flows hold, there'll be great park and play.  Higher than 6000 and the town stretch (III/IV-) will have plenty of big catch-on-the-fly waves.

The Lochsa's flowing too, but you'd have to buy me a few diner breakfasts to go that far east.

Leave Thursday morning from the Seattle area, get back Sunday, that's as firm as it gets--nobody at work would want to catch your cold before the weekend anyways.  This sample itinerary is based on current flows, which are low.  The water's still in the snow, but a warm front or rain could bring things up and open quite a few other rivers.  I'll paddle anything I can, down to flatwater, and if it's too stout I'll find someone out there who can.  Part of this mission would be to pick up Jp's Diablo, so you'd get some good vibes from that.  The more paddlers, the cheaper the gas.  It'll be couch-and-camp lodging.  And super fun.

IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version