Professor Paddle: Stolen: JP's Diablo!!! vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Lost \ Found \ Stolen
 Professor Paddle : Classifieds : Lost \ Found \ Stolen
Message Icon Topic: Stolen: JP's Diablo!!! Post Reply Post New Topic
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jP Replybullet Topic: Stolen: JP's Diablo!!!
    Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 7:48pm
It's official as of today, Sunday, March 9th:

My beloved Diablo has been stolen from my backyard on Beacon Hill in Seattle between the hours of 12:30- 6:00pm.

It's RED. 9' LONG. Pointy Bow and Pointy stern (by today's stubby standards).

Who'd want it? Obviously no pa
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Wiggins
PP Junkie
PP Junkie

Quote Wiggins Replybullet Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 9:54pm
Sorry to hear about your boat.

Check pawn shops, ebay, craigslist, etc after you file the report with the police. This happens too often and, unfortunately, they just do not have the time to do this themselves.

If you find it recontact the cops and let them take it from there.

Hope this helps.

Kyle
I smell bacon
jblum
Big Boofer
Big Boofer
Don Blumin Looper

Quote jblum Replybullet Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 11:39pm
Those ass pirates.  Sorry to hear about this JP.  Maybe it will turn up floating around Lake Washington...
JHB
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 10 Mar 2008 at 11:32pm
Thanks Kyle! Wanna let you know I value your professional insights. (Amazing how often situations come up that require them.)

Yes. police report was filed right after I posted it here. And I plan On notifying them as soon as I find it, if I do.

And the pawn shops will be searched to whatever degree practicable. I totally don't expect them (the fuzz) to prioritize my boat.Filing the report was the main thing to do to facilitate recourse if I find it or get any leads. In the mean time, Here's the plan:

Anyone from the boating community who is willing to invest 5 min. here or there on Craigslist or Ebay: surf around those sites and look for it for me (I'll be looking too obviously, but more pairs of eyes more often will help) and if it's convienient to pop into a pawn shop, do it. I'll put up $100 reward to any boater who finds it or gets a lead. I know it ain't much, but I'm perpetually broke, living in $eattle (a.k.a. 'lil San Francisco) an all.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the occasional few extra minutes to do this.
JP
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
Capt. Bill
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote Capt. Bill Replybullet Posted: 11 Mar 2008 at 12:21am
Don't get too excited if you should find your stolen goods at a pawn shop. Sure, let everyone know if you do see them there, but in order to recover your goods you'll have to pay the pawn shop the amount the pawn shop paid to get it. I know, I found my 14" metal chop saw in one months after my shop was broken into (3 welding machines, 2 bench grinders, the metal chop saw, etc. taken). That was the story I was given by the King County Sheriff dept. Seems there's a law that "protects" pawn shops from being liable for stolen property.  "What if you actually 'stole' your own tool, sold it to the pawn shop, then later 'found" it there, and demanded it back."  Hmm. Sounded like a bunch of crock to me, and I said they can keep it on a shelf in the back till it rots in that case. I wasn't going to buy my own things back! The experience still has me pissed two years later. And the pawn shop "lost" the records of who sold them the tool too, so finding it was no lead. Yes, the pawn shops are in on this. Good luck. Which reminds me- never buy anything from a pawn shop. You are just supporting "legal" fencing of stolen property, and someday that property may be yours! Don't give the bad guys a market.

ps. Now my bench grinders are welded to their heavy steel tables, the welders are chained down with 5/8" diameter chain and heavy duty motorcycle security cable and locks, plus there are multiple independent motion sensing alarms around the premises, and a large steel beam that locks across the entrance. That'll slow them down and they'll make a bit more noise next time.

Bill
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 11 Mar 2008 at 8:33am
What... no motion activated lasers to cut the perps into micro think waiver slices?
Capt. Bill
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote Capt. Bill Replybullet Posted: 11 Mar 2008 at 9:01am

re: lasers. I'm working on them, and a few other surprises.

Actually booby traps are illegal, however, if a large rack of heavy steel pipe happens to let go and roll over them, oops! Or a big piece of steel swings down from the overhead storage and brains them, too bad. There must have been a short in the wiring. "Zero days since last injury on this job site" the sign will read. Hopefully the cameras will record all the action. It'll make great You Tube fodder.

Just kidding of course, or not.
TomMarley
Paddler
Paddler

Quote TomMarley Replybullet Posted: 11 Mar 2008 at 1:39pm
Description of the boat? or pictures?
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 12 Mar 2008 at 6:51pm
Look at the first post at the top of the thread. 9' long. Pointy. Red. I could dig up some pictures, I'll try to.  Maybe I'll draw one. it would be accurate.

Well I got my Kona stolen in '98, filed a police report, and my friend/co-worker at the time found it in a pawn shop in redmond. I had the seattle Police dept fax the case # over to the redmond dept. I didn't have to buy back the bike from the pawn shop. I did had to wait 2 weeks because it was "evidence" .Redmond police kept it in custody for that duration. So maybe filing the report differentiated that. Did you file a report when your  chop saw was stolen?

MICRO THIN WAIFER SLICES!!!!!
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
Capt. Bill
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote Capt. Bill Replybullet Posted: 12 Mar 2008 at 8:54pm

Maybe laws have changed in 10 years. I filed a report at the time of the theft, got  a case number, all that good stuff, then later when I spotted my saw called the police department right away from the parking lot of the pawn shop since I was so excited. Police met me later that afternoon at my house, took my info, and went to the pawn shop to confirm the tool sighting I believe, and to look into the records like who sold it and was there surveillance video of the person selling it to them. Bad records and no video saved brought that to a dead end I was told. And yet I was still not given my saw back. (I could have bought back my saw, then later sued the perp for the cost if perp was caught. I kinded figured it wasn't worth the trouble.)

If you are a bad guy here's a little trick- Have phony ID. That's a no brainer. But better yet make sure you don't sell the tool to a pawn shop but rather you use it for a "loan." That way the tool or whatever stays in the back on a shelf for the duration of the loan period. Then when you don't show up to pay back the loan a month or two later, and the pawn shop places the item out front to sell the hunt for your ass will be cold. Neat trick eh? Bad guys already know this so I'm not giving anything away here.

Also, the cops all said that the stuff was probably stolen by some druggie to get their fix. Funny, I get to pay the price of illegal drug use. I bet if all drugs were legal it wouldn't have cost me so much. Don't ya just love the system. That picture of Kyle in the pot growers basement- great- that just drives the cost of pot up and makes the bad guys even more eager for my stuff. And that sucks. Let em smoke and dope and shoot and meth themselves to death. Send me the bill for my share of the cost to society. I bet it's less than what I paid to replace my tools and the hidden cost of now worrying that some doper is going to break in to my shop or my house to score stuff for his next fix. Let them go to a counter to get their S%&$.  

The other moral to the story is chain your stuff down. Don't make it easy for them. Get a camera system and keep an eye on your stuff. Take pictures of the bad guys. Make the job as hard for the bad guys as possible and easy for the cops. Don't expect a CSI response. 

BTW- I couldn't get the HUNGRY Chilean sea bass with lasers on their heads, so I settled for rabid squirrels w/ lasers. Watch out. Oh, and don't forget to smile
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 15 Mar 2008 at 8:12pm
interesting thoughts, indeed
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 16 Mar 2008 at 7:12pm
You should be thankfull some stupid person took that big ol boat, cause now you can get a funner boat!
Nomad
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 19 Mar 2008 at 5:22pm

Fuck you you have no idea what you're talking about. If I had MONEY maybe I would have relplaced the boat sooner. And I've paddled lots of modern creek boats, and in my opinion most of them feel like slippery turds.

I've never been into playboating so much, and could never have one as a primary boat.Since now I have NO boat, I have no choice but to fill the void with another all purpose boat.

I don't give everyone else shit about what they choose to paddle. There used to be so much more DIVERSITY on the water. Now there are so many boats made by so many manufacturers, but all of the boats are basicly the same. It's like walking down the cereal Isle at QF f**king C. I have a lot of other thoughts triggered by your comment but choose not to waste them on you.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 11:25pm
Yeah, well fuck it. I manged to find another Diablo just like the one that was ripped off, and I'm content. Even though I spent more to replace it than what those crack heads will get, assuming they can even sell it at all. I'm confident my latest fix with the new (old) Diablo
down in the Lewis drainage outweighs a lifetime's worth of crystal meth, so I consider it money well spent. Thanks, Tristan!

Guess that closes this thread...

Edited by wetmouse - 13 Apr 2008 at 11:26pm
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version