Professor Paddle: Peace Making Sky Float vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Peace Making Sky Float Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
PaulGamache
McNasty
McNasty

Online Status: Offline
  Quote PaulGamache Replybullet Topic: Peace Making Sky Float
    Posted: 06 Feb 2008 at 8:00pm
All,

This whole online battle has gotten out of control. If you are interested I propose we do the one thing we can all agree on...go kayaking. If anyone would like to join me I'll be floating the Sky this saturday to show that I don't want this riff to be something that doesn't need to destroy this community.

The reason to pick the Sky is because at this flow almost anyone on this forum can take part.

If anyone would like to join me please do so on the newly created Sky Trip.

Addtionally, for anyone who felt insulted or hurt by anything I said this was in no way the purpose of what I was trying to say and apologize if that was so the case.

If no one shows up I'll just have myself and some tall boys to enjoy the river w/.

Hopefully we'll see you on the Sky this Saturday.

Paul
27/320 & 1 bootie
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2008 at 8:05pm
I'd love to go, but I have to work up at the pass.
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
cloudpeak
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote cloudpeak Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2008 at 8:45pm
Sounds like fun, but I won't be able to make it. I'm a bit of a fair weather boater these days. Also, when it's snowing, I'm skiing.

I'll be caucusing at 1:00pm, too.

Edited by cloudpeak - 06 Feb 2008 at 10:43pm
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
slickhorn
Admin
Admin
IK MainiYak

Quote slickhorn Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2008 at 9:04pm
Paul, I was all set to say I'd show, then I checked the trip time ... Saturday is caucus day ... 1pm. 

Otter Boy
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote Otter Boy Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2008 at 10:37pm
Yup, I need to be back in town by 1:00 for my civic duty. I'll get up as early as necessary though if you want to make the trip earlier in the day.

- OB
Gabe
Tricky Woo
Tricky Woo

Quote Gabe Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2008 at 10:56pm
you think this might change to Sunday, then? I too am heading to caucus, although I have NO IDEA what to do when I get there.

If Sunday, I'd like to boat.

Those of you who are voting democrat should know, in WA this year the caucus is the only way to make your choice mean anything.

GS
Pura Vida!
PaulGamache
McNasty
McNasty

Quote PaulGamache Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2008 at 8:03pm

Glad to see everyone is getting out to vote on Saturday. Personally, I'm registered Green thus my vote for this election will be more or less mute for this election, I will get out and vote for the National election but primaries are kind of pointless for Green's this election.

After noticing in another thread Brett still calling people homo's  (thread about Hugo's identity) and the guy Jeff (random mussling or whatever thread starter and Sky trip planner) going on about how he agree's it's funny to use such language. I'm starting to think that freezing on the Sky really isn't worth my time.  So we're probably go do Robe or something. Best part is there's no chance of ever crossing paths with Jeff or Brett on Robe or any other run more difficult than class IV.  Maybe you guys should focus your hate into your paddling skills and step it up..or is it that you use calling people words like homo to shield the fact that you really don't have the cajones to do so...or maybe it's some other private deep down insecurity...best of luck w/ that.

On a side note Kimya Dawson is playing a free show at Easy Street Records on Mercer across from Metropolitan Market. Saturday @ 3pm, should be a sweet show.

Paul 
27/320 & 1 bootie
belshazzar
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote belshazzar Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2008 at 8:26pm
I am not going to go vote either, ever since I lost my leg in the big war I have no longer desired to vote. And speaking of pointless stuff, I don't get what the big deal is Brett, think of all the terms there are that you could use, butt pirate, anal gopher, pole smoker, muddybuddy, fudgepacker, sacksucker, nutlicker, saladshooter, gay, fag,  queer, fruit, bender and of course the aldainte' fairy...  but homo is ok?

I would rather my son grow up to be anyone of those besides like hugo or brett, you guys are royal haters and need to remove the bigotry!
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2008 at 6:47am
I think Paul's the hater. Did you read his last post?
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
justin
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote justin Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2008 at 9:12am

I'M REALLY GETTING SICK OF THE NEGATIVITY!!!

PAUL, THANKS AT LEAST FOR TRYING TO MAKE PEACE.  YOU ARE DEFINATELY BEING THE BIGGER MAN IN THIS.

BRET, YOU SHOULD GROW UP!!  DOES JK KNOW HOW YOU ARE CONDUCTING YOURSELF?
slickhorn
Admin
Admin
IK MainiYak

Quote slickhorn Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2008 at 9:27am
Paul,

Just a quick note re WA messed up primary system.  The primary is relatively useless.  No democratic delegates are awarded, and only half the republican delegates are awarded via the primary. 

It is most effective to caucus, and I believe the caucus is an open system, you need not be a registered party member to partake. 

You can certainly choose to sit it out, but i you would like to participate, you wold be welcomed.
Ryan
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote Ryan Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2008 at 10:39am
Please not again.  I value this site and have many good friends that post here.

Paul, you crossed the line again and are acting just as childish as you feel Brett is.  Kudos on trying to make peace but learn to keep you mouth shut.

Brett, shut up dude.  We Most of us know you are joking around but you are offending others on this site.  Be more respectful.

Everyone, quit getting your feelings hurt from postings to an online forum.  We live in a diverse world and this is a diverse community.  Learn to get along or at least respect each others differences.

Oh and go vote tomorrow.
septimus prime
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote septimus prime Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2008 at 11:06am
Although I agree with what Paul is saying with respect to using hateful language, I have to comment on his "real men run Robe" post:

Lebowski:  What makes a man, Mr. Lebowski?  Running Robe Canyon?

DUDE: Dude.

LEBOWSKI: Huh?

DUDE: I don't know, sir.

LEBOWSKI: Is it... is it, being prepared to do the right thing? Whatever the price? Isn't that what makes a man?

DUDE: Sure. That and a pair of testicles.

Edited by septimus prime - 08 Feb 2008 at 11:11am
Jon Shell Bee
Tobin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote Tobin Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2008 at 12:25pm
Not to get off topic, and actually talk about kayaking, but!
  What time are people  meeting? and where? Will people still be coming? Should I bring weapons / body armor?
  I am up for tomorrow, if anyone is heading that way from the south sound area please drop a line for carpool.
  Peace
Sure?
septimus prime
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote septimus prime Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2008 at 1:15pm
Tobin,

All joking aside,  I want to boat  the sky tomorrow.  I say we meet at split rockaround 11.
Jon Shell Bee
Jeff
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Jeff Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2008 at 1:37pm
Dude, WTF?  I somehow managed to put myself smack in the middle of this debate.  I guess it's my own fault. And by the way, that Sky trip I planned was last week (and we had a great run!)  For some reason Paul seems to want to just bash me up here as well.  We've never met (to my knowledge) so neither one of us has enough info to judge the other, personality or boating skill wise.  In my post Random Musings, I said the following, "I enjoy being lowbrow and high schoolish most of the time.  I just think it's fun (around my friends).  I can bring it back up to appropriate when necessary, but most of the time, I'd rather cut loose and act juvenile when I can.  Ok, that may involve using innaproprite language that offends people.  Deal with it.  I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally!haha. Yes I have a college degree (two of them actually), but I ain't usin' either one, and I'm ok with that.  To quote Ferris Bueller, "Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive!""  Maybe this was innaproprite.  If I offended someone, sorry.  I guess we all just have differnet viewpoints and we just have to agree to disagree.  Not worth getting into a fight over.  I'm through with all this wordplay, my head hurts.  I'm burying the hatchet. 
"What could possibly go wrong?"
www.flickr.com/photos/jeffdwyer/
Tobin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote Tobin Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2008 at 2:09pm
 Good on ya!  11 sounds good.
 I am still looking for a carpooler from this way.  Anyone interested?
 I will post in a bit to confirm
Sure?
jondufay
PP Junkie
PP Junkie

Quote jondufay Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2008 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by PaulGamache

So we're probably go do Robe or something.  

Paul 

Yo Paul,
  If you all head out there on Sat.  I would be down.  I have done Robe a bunch.  Probably won't head down there if it is above 5.5 though.  Remember to use the NOAA guage, not the USGS.  I am coming from Bellingham.

Jon
(425) 478-8433
ahh, f--- it dude, lets go boating...
Texas Dave
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Texas Dave Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2008 at 4:54pm
Jon and Tobin - Any chance ya'll would be willing to bump up the meet time to 10?  I'm wanting to paddle tomorrow but I have to be home by 2.  If it stays up, the Sultan would be fun tomorrow too.

dave
Dave
Otter Boy
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote Otter Boy Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2008 at 5:29pm
Me and Wog67 will be at split rock at 9:00. That'll give us time to get a run in before voting starts.
Tobin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote Tobin Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2008 at 7:29pm
D1 and I and a few others will be there about 11. 
Sure?
franzhorner
PP Junkie
PP Junkie
outdoors music woodwork

Quote franzhorner Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2008 at 9:00pm
catboaters arriving just after noon in index....
MORE RAIN PLEASE
JoesKayak
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote JoesKayak Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2008 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by franzhorner

catboaters arriving just after noon in index....

Hey Horner, this is starting to sound more like my speed. I might meet up with  you guys.
franzhorner
PP Junkie
PP Junkie
outdoors music woodwork

Quote franzhorner Replybullet Posted: 09 Feb 2008 at 8:40am
i'm in the lab now waiting for my machine to calibrate....give a call...i just got a new phone and dont have my address book updated...hunter and i should be leaving zymo around 1030 or so...meeting williams
MORE RAIN PLEASE
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 09 Feb 2008 at 3:59pm
To those who may have been offended, may I say first that I am different than you. Please accept my differences. Second, I am not perfect, but I try. And third, I apologize to those who were truly bothered.
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version