Professor Paddle: Any thoughts? vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Chit Chat
 Professor Paddle : General : Chit Chat
Message Icon Topic: Any thoughts? Post Reply Post New Topic
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Replybullet Topic: Any thoughts?
    Posted: 19 Jan 2008 at 12:30pm
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Guests

Quote Guests Replybullet Posted: 19 Jan 2008 at 12:46pm
First of all, not going to happen.

Second, I don't think it would be all that bad.

Third, the constitution already is obsolete, just look at the actions of the last 100 years worth of presidents.

Edited by kayaktheworld - 19 Jan 2008 at 12:47pm
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 19 Jan 2008 at 12:54pm
I don't think your first argument supports your second argument...
justin
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote justin Replybullet Posted: 19 Jan 2008 at 4:55pm
Well, it would get rid of the lines at the border when you are headed up to B.C.

arnobarno
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote arnobarno Replybullet Posted: 19 Jan 2008 at 5:29pm
Just one major thought on this -
James, I hope your shoulder feels better real soon, so you can spend more time paddling and less time reading about conspiracy theories

The thing that I love about (virtually) all of the conspiracy theories is that people seem to forget just how hard it is to keep something secret.  For example, the same people that tend to think President Bush is the dumbest person on earth, can somehow believe that he is smart enough to create this kind of conspiracy with virtually no notice of the press.  Yes, yes, I know, with Darth Vader as VP, anything is possible.  But still...

Edited by arnobarno - 19 Jan 2008 at 5:30pm
arn9schaeffer@gmail.com (remove 9 for my real email address)
PaulGamache
McNasty
McNasty

Quote PaulGamache Replybullet Posted: 19 Jan 2008 at 5:35pm

I called this happening in an Econ class last year. Everyone said I was insane for saying it was possible, who's laughing now! The RFID implant theory is kind of extreme but the NA Union is going to happen. It will be the only way to compete w/ the EU, wait and see. After that we'll merge w/ South America and become the American Union. The world will then be split into 3 sections; the EU which by that time will be more or less all of Europe, Asian Union, and the American Union.

This will happen in our generation.

Thanks for sharing this link, 

Paul

27/320 & 1 bootie
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 19 Jan 2008 at 7:38pm
fuck da PO-lice
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 19 Jan 2008 at 7:39pm
I just want world peace and happiness!
Nomad
justin
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote justin Replybullet Posted: 19 Jan 2008 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by arnobarno

The thing that I love about (virtually) all of the conspiracy theories is that people seem to forget just how hard it is to keep something secret. 

That reminds me of the Southpark where they realize the best way to make people not believe in a conspiracy, is to make people think that it is a conspiracy.

STLboater
PP Junkie
PP Junkie

Quote STLboater Replybullet Posted: 19 Jan 2008 at 9:50pm
and the Iraq...
Kayak Academy Whitewater Instructor
justin
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote justin Replybullet Posted: 20 Jan 2008 at 11:23am
how about something closer to home.
http://www.truthnews.us/?p=1650
RemAcct2
Limited Access
Limited Access

Quote RemAcct2 Replybullet Posted: 20 Jan 2008 at 7:53pm
The video is pure rubbish.  This has been a favorite conspiracy theory, and while aspects of the current trade relationship with Mexico are not desirable, these theories of what is to come are imaginings of people who have a bit too much free time on their hands.  Seriously, if this were happening, don't you think Tom Tancredo would be speaking out about it?  There are clearly people out there that want to see merged governments, born out of neo-Communism, but this is neither mainstream or populist.  You will also note that this video suggests 9/11 was created by the government, and I have absolutely no tolerance for people that suggest this.

Specifically, the NA security and prosperity act, while it does have its problems, is a non-treaty framework to improve trade and associated security, and is governed by the rules of NAFTA.  The primary focus of the act is to improve security around commerce, with much of the work extending US customs procedures to Canadian and Mexican ports used for goods coming into the US.  When people suggest that the SPP is designed to allow a north american union or a highway connecting Mexico and Canada, they are simply ill-informed.

With respect to the RFID issue raised in the video, someone tell me how this is functionally different than a bar code? 

You have to feel sorry for these folks.  Conspiracy theorists are simply people who lack control over their lives, and choose to blame others for this perceived lack of control.  Next time you are presented with a conspiracy theory, consider the DSM-IV's definition of the paranoid personality disorder subtype.

A pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of others such that their motives are interpreted as malevolent, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following: 

(1) suspects, without sufficient basis, that others are exploiting, harming, or deceiving him or her 
(2) is preoccupied with unjustified doubts about the loyalty or trustworthiness of friends or associates 
(3) is reluctant to confide in others because of unwarranted fear that the information will be used maliciously against him or her 
(4) reads hidden demeaning or threatening meanings into benign remarks or events 
(5) persistently bears grudges, i.e., is unforgiving of insults, injuries, or slights 
(6) perceives attacks on his or her character or reputation that are not apparent to others and is quick to react angrily or to counterattack 
(7) has recurrent suspicions, without justification, regarding fidelity of spouse or sexual partner

dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 20 Jan 2008 at 8:05pm
You have too much time on your hands Leif!
Nomad
RemAcct2
Limited Access
Limited Access

Quote RemAcct2 Replybullet Posted: 20 Jan 2008 at 8:16pm
Why do you say that?  It took about five minutes to review this thread and draft my response...
Chuck e fresh
Master Poster
Master Poster
Post Jester - Round Tres

Quote Chuck e fresh Replybullet Posted: 21 Jan 2008 at 11:38am
The truth hurt's. Time will tell who's opened there eye's or who's still got the blinder's on. Either way eventually things change. Adapt or don't live your life free or in bondage. It's your choice and what you choose to except in life usaully transends in how you come across to other's. Care or don't. In the great words of Yoda "Do or do not" In the mean time I'll keep living learning laughing and loving. It's hard work but someones gotta do it !
 Chuckles ..
There's no such word as can't!so stop making excuses!!!!
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 21 Jan 2008 at 4:35pm
Leif there is also a very fine line between acting and thinking, another with the difference between discussion for decision and discussion for deception.

Example: People that suggested our military actions were anything other than justified and even needed for the removal of WMD's during the 6 months after 9/11, they were considered unpatriotic, I would even get upset at them feeling they did not appreciate the service I had done or friends that I had in the service still.

Now because people have researched, studied and questioned the motives we have discovered that our reasonings were less than justified, and in consideration of general world policies in other regions were were in some light deceptive in the real reasons which are currently debated by millions of people every day.

The quest for truth is nothing new, it just seems that people who reach far out in a un-believable explanation most can't grasp are considered conspiracy theorists. Of course the same labels have been applied to brilliant minds from different stages of time that were just a little to early. The difference is the method of discussion.

Looking for answers and accepting all options that are not proven false by some means is much different than being a paranoid person.

Do I believe that our Gov. planned 911? No but I do believe it could be possible, and I would not rule that out considering other things that have surfaced years later in our countries history...

Do I believe that Corporate Interests control the direction & decisions of our government? Yes

Do I believe that with this understanding I should be concerned with all of my countries international relations and truly question all of the decisions and creator's of policy? Yes

Do I think it is unfortunate that people get labeled for considering the less likely posibility?
xtrmln
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote xtrmln Replybullet Posted: 21 Jan 2008 at 9:04pm
This is way to complex for me to figure out. James though if your going to be labeled a supporter of a conspiracy theory you might as well put the link up for the whole flick.http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/
Theory or Truth? Some of both in my eyes. Unfortunately it's too far in the process to be stopped in my opinion.
F.M.S. wmrra #866
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version