Professor Paddle: WAVE DOG PADDLES vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Commercial Listings
 Professor Paddle : Classifieds : Commercial Listings
Message Icon Topic: WAVE DOG PADDLES Post Reply Post New Topic
Jarred_Jackman
WW Industry
WW Industry

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jarred_Jackman Replybullet Topic: WAVE DOG PADDLES
    Posted: 03 Jan 2008 at 1:55pm
Hello everyone, my name is Jarred, I live and paddle in the Gorge. 
I am now a sales agent with Wave Dog and can answer questions about their paddles and more importantly order them for you and get you the best paddle on the market. Honestly, I LOVE mine for many reasons.  If you haven't heard of them check out www.wavedogpaddles.com.  These guys are truly making GREAT PADDLES!

How do you know which paddle is right for you? I asked myself this and came up with the following:

1. I like creeking so a paddle must be durable, if it breaks, I might be stranded. These paddles are durable. They have two full length layers of carbon fiber sandwiched in between the wooden layers. The blades are wrapped with a thin rim of stainless steel to prevent wear, and the entire blade is covered in a polymer that can be thought of as rhino lining on steroids!!! This stuff is tough. I have had my paddle out on the TRUSS a couple of times and scraping it on rocks doesn't even mark it up.

2. Flexibility is key. If you haven't paddled with a flexible paddle, do it. I paddled with an AT Flexi for the first time a year ago and vowed to never go back. Flexible paddles are much easier on your body, and are much more powerful in the water, play features, boofing, etc. Wave Dog paddles are noticeably more flexible than the AT Flexi and no comparison to paddles such as the AT 4 or Werner carbons. This Wave Dog Golden is the most flexible thing I've ever paddled with.

3. Comfort. If it's uncomfortable, who wants it. I use to always get blisters from the grip on my AT paddles. With the Wave Dog, their ergonomic shaft is more aggressively angled and no more blisters! Seriously! Also the wood feels warmer on cold days, always a plus. (They'll build any length and almost any feather angle.)

4. Price. I don't want to pay a lot of money for anything, but paddles are expensive. The Wave Dog is $350-$380 depending upon your choice of wood types. Each is as strong as the other, but the extra money gets you a little more aesthetic beauty. Check prices, these are the cheapest of the top of the line paddles. The new AT is $500 and the Werners are over $420.

So for me, this paddle is my dream come true. It's comfortable, it's as affordable as a great paddle is going to get, it flexes more than I thought a paddle could, and I really DON'T think it's going to break off the next paddle-breaking waterfall!!!

The downside is the weight, it's about 16 ounces heavier than it's counterparts. I honestly didn't even notice once on the river. In my garage I compared it to an AT4 and they seem the same to me. It's only in the really lightweight paddles that you notice the difference. I snapped an AT Flexi in half on a 35 foot waterfall (and I had a great landing, not violent at all.) I would have rather had an extra 16 ounces and had a complete paddle when I hit the pool than a lightweight paddle in two unuseable pieces.

So, check them out. You can paddle with mine next time I see you on the river, I'm going to try to get some into the Kayak Shed in Hood River before too long, and you could always just order one!  Check out
www.wavedogpaddles.com for more specific info and if you're interested in ordering just email me. My email is my full name, just like the handle on this post without caps and without the _, @gmail.com

take care

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version