Professor Paddle: Introducing Nookie Kayak gear in US vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Commercial Listings
 Professor Paddle : Classifieds : Commercial Listings
Message Icon Topic: Introducing Nookie Kayak gear in US Post Reply Post New Topic
dragorossinw
WW Industry
WW Industry

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dragorossinw Replybullet Topic: Introducing Nookie Kayak gear in US
    Posted: 23 Oct 2007 at 9:46am
I am happy to tell you all about a great, grass roots kayak clothing company expanding into the US.  Nookie Gear has been around the UK and Europe sense 1991, and offers amazing gear.  One item I am very impressed with is the Euro Style Spray Decks n(V Shock), I have paddle the euro Style for over 10 years, and I will say it is the dryest, most durrable, only way to go.

Check out their new catalogue at   www.nookie.co.uk  

If you have any questions about the company, drop me an email  dragorossinorthwest@yahoo.com    I am the sole US Rep at this time.

Tony Z
dragorossinorthwest@yahoo.com
www.nookiekayaking.us
www.dragorossi.com
www.donkeyfIip.com
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
bseracka
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote bseracka Replybullet Posted: 23 Oct 2007 at 5:24pm
Hey some of their gear looks pretty nice any idea on shipping time?  also do you have a price list available?
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 23 Oct 2007 at 5:40pm
nookie looks like Euro version of NRS
Weide
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Weide Replybullet Posted: 23 Oct 2007 at 6:40pm
Nookie has hotties in their catalog
dragorossinw
WW Industry
WW Industry

Quote dragorossinw Replybullet Posted: 06 Nov 2007 at 9:16am
Well, all the Nookie samples have arrived.  I spent the weekend dunking, torchering, and beatng on some of the products with some buddies in Eastern Washington.  Let me tell you, they are impressive.     www.nookie.co.uk

I personaly like the Zone Shell, a 3 ply waterproof fabric with waterproof gaskets, made from a coated neoprene rather then latex, giving you greater comfort, no neck rash, and longer gasket life.  And my head did not feel like it was going to pop, no need to trim these gaskets like you do a latex.  Beefed up elbow area using a rip stop type, titanium stitch woven fabric, with increased mobility.  The Zone is sweet! 

I paired it up with the Xtreme Dry Trousers.  I liked the high waist design.  Waterproof 2 ply rip stop type nylon to the waist,then the Ti-Glide coated neprene around the abdomen to matche up with your spray skirt.  The slide free texture on the butt and knees cept me locked in my boat, but were not so overpowering that it made it hard to get in and out of my boat.  Latex ankle gaskets and velcro'd gasket covers finished out the peice.    www.nookie.co.uk

The V-Shock Skirt is the only way to go.  I have paddled the Euro-Style skirts for nearly ten years, and they are by far the driest I have used, and I have never seen one implode in big water. 

I finished out the first day of tests with the Ti-Glide Sock on me tootsies, that coating Nookie uses is so easy to get your feet in and out, no sticking, and the 2mm neaoprene kept me warm and toasty in my playboat.     www.nookie.co.uk

My buddie chose to paddle in the G2 Dry Top, designed specificly for creeking.  This is a classic dry top style with 2ply reinforced fablic, latex neck and wrist gaskets.  The inner tunnel on Nookie tops are all Ti-Glide coated neprene to keep it from sticking to you when putting it on and taking it off.  Why a neoprene tunnel, to give you a better, drier mate with your skirt.  The G2 has reinforned elbows with padded inserts, nice nice touch keeping him from sore elbows after whacking them on the deeper, wider creek boats.  The elbow inserts are a great added comfort layer, when matched up with solid elbow armer.      www.nookie.co.uk

So, look for Nookie at a shop near you, soon.  Or, find me on the water, test some gear, and tell me what you think.  The R&D guys and gals are very open to suggestions.  I will keep you posted as to where you can get yours. 

Tony Z

Tony Z
dragorossinorthwest@yahoo.com
www.nookiekayaking.us
www.dragorossi.com
www.donkeyfIip.com
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version