Professor Paddle: The Frog vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: The Frog Post Reply Post New Topic
Rescue Randy
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Rescue Randy Replybullet Topic: The Frog
    Posted: 07 Sep 2007 at 11:35am
On Wednesday, Sept. 5th I drove past the Frog and took a couple of pictures.  They are posted in the Gallery under the album the Frog.  I didn't get on it, but talked to a couple of boater who just got off of it and they said that it is still high.  They were only able to get on the very river right side of the wave and it wasn't that great.  The eddy is difficult and a lot of work at this level as well. 

If you look at the pictures you will see a green tongue between two foam piles.  As the river comes down the green tongue will turn into a foam pile as well making the wave nice and wide.  The eddy service should get better too.  I'm not sure what the level was, but you might be able to find it online so that you could use this as a reference.  I hope this is helpful to any future BC adventurers.

Happy Surfing,
Randy   
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
justin
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote justin Replybullet Posted: 07 Sep 2007 at 1:06pm
when I was up there a couple years ago there was a rope that people were using to get up the eddy and into the wave.
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 07 Sep 2007 at 1:13pm
By the looks of the photo's that randy put in the Gallery the frog is not in just as I suspected. Dang RIO monkeys!!!

The seperating wave between the two piles will get smaller at lower flows making a better wave. This is definitly too high. Like by about a few thousand CFS.

See that green shoulder that seperates the piles... That would be a hard one to attain back to the surfers right. Lower it gets better!

Edited by James - 07 Sep 2007 at 1:14pm
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 07 Sep 2007 at 1:15pm
Thanks alot for that Randy... COnfirms my thoughts that waiting to the last few weeks is best... not for weather but for wave!

J
olds cool
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote olds cool Replybullet Posted: 12 Sep 2007 at 10:11am
I think the Frog is sweet at that level (480?) and some of the other features are still hanging in. It's really fun to ride that Vee wave between the breaks. But I'm stupid, because I enjoy the Thompson from 900 on down. There really is no perfect level for the river as different features come and go. Also as boat designs have changed some of the waves are completely unridable by the average bro'.

I'll bet that water is warm. 
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 12 Sep 2007 at 10:54am
There is no doubt it is all boater taste and preference.. If one was to enjoy say soul surfin more with big phat green grinds and high angle carving, well you want her nice and high, but for the little spud boater that wants a uniform pile and bouncing hieght with nice green tongue, it's a bit lower on the scale.

I am watchin it... I want that warm weather and warm water too. Hope its not starting into winter or fall by the time the frog is where I like it.
Chuck e fresh
Master Poster
Master Poster
Post Jester - Round Tres

Quote Chuck e fresh Replybullet Posted: 13 Sep 2007 at 1:45am
"I'd buy that for a dollar !"

Edited by Chuck e fresh - 13 Sep 2007 at 1:45am
There's no such word as can't!so stop making excuses!!!!
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version