Professor Paddle: Irish lads and BC Boating vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Irish lads and BC Boating Post Reply Post New Topic
KatieAdele
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Online Status: Offline
  Quote KatieAdele Replybullet Topic: Irish lads and BC Boating
    Posted: 02 Jul 2007 at 1:22pm
Some pals are here for ALOT of whitewater, loads of class IV- V.  There heading up to BC today and will be there for as much time asd they want.  If anyone is looking to get in some boating up that way let me know.  Great guys, great paddlers, should be fun: Colin Wong, Dave Ryan, and Thomas Dunphy.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 02 Jul 2007 at 2:33pm
Tell them to loop by the Callaghan for sure... it should be down into a nice level in the next few weeks. I might be headed up there again for that little stash.

James
colintwong
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote colintwong Replybullet Posted: 02 Jul 2007 at 3:38pm
Yeah, that and the Ashlu are on the list already.  Any other suggestions?  Are the levels good right now?
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Yotes
Big Boofer
Big Boofer
Daddy Dutch Oven

Quote Yotes Replybullet Posted: 02 Jul 2007 at 4:06pm
Check the skookview on the calendar. I know there's going to be some good tides this coming month.
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 02 Jul 2007 at 4:18pm
The flows on the Callaghan are ones to watch.

Check out the Rivers Page here and then select British Columbia.

For the Callaghan look for flows of 2.3 to around 2.8 meters on the Cheakamus Gauge. The Callaghan flows into the cheakamus and although they do drain different valleys it is the only indicator around for that drainage. Rain affects the run alot as does sunshine and hot temps. So watch the weather. Once your up there go to the cheakamus takeout and you can walk down to the gauge station to see the staff gauge. There is a trail and a little off shoot to the right that will lead you to the staff gauge. This last weekend it was between 2.10 and 2.9 ... Really high levels for both the cheak and callaghan.

Ashlu I don't have expierence with but I believe it is high right now from what some locals said this last weekend. Check out the Soo and Cayoosh Creek too. The Nahatlatch should have plenty of water if not a little high but it would be fun but a bit out of the way. The Frog Wave is not in until Sept so don't worry about that, but the skook will be rockin in its place.

Take some photos and give us the feed back I would love to hear how the runs go.

James
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version