Professor Paddle: EddyFlower Vertical Challenge vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Commercial Listings
 Professor Paddle : Classifieds : Commercial Listings
Message Icon Topic: EddyFlower Vertical Challenge Post Reply Post New Topic
bkcopa
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bkcopa Replybullet Topic: EddyFlower Vertical Challenge
    Posted: 26 Apr 2007 at 7:15pm
If you don’t have reason enough to quit your job during paddle season here it is; the EddyFlower Vertical Challenge. Benefiting First Descents, a nationwide whitewater kayaking program for young adults with cancer. The Competition is intense: you and your paddling buddies paddle as many runs as you can endure from May 15 – June 15. At the end of the 30 days, the team with the most vertical feet is crowned champion.

EddyFlower and First Descents have partnered together to raise the funds needed to provide a whitewater kayaking experience to a group of very worthy paddlers. What better reason to paddle for 30 days straight when every stroke you take raises money for young adults with cancer! Sign up and share the love!

Open to all paddlers from all states of all skill levels. Compete for prizes in divisions (Open, Class IV, Class III and Weekend Warrior) that best match your team's skills. Keep in mind, all runs must have a write-up on eddyflower and must have a put-in and take-out elevation to be eligible.

Give a hand by adding your favorite runs for the event.  It's as simple as starting with this link: http://www.eddyflower.com/Protected/EditRun.aspx

Prizes include Dagger boat, WRSI helmets, Kokatat dry tops, Aquabound paddles, Tech4O watches, KEEN footwear, Voz Sports shaders, Paddling Life schwag, Funnel videos, Red Bull and more. Special thanks to Alpenglow Colorado for picking up a big chunk of the event costs.

The Awards party will be held at The Spot in Golden CO Thursday June 21.

Click here for event details - http://www.eddyflower.com/VerticalChallenge.aspx

Sanctioned by the American Canoe Association

Edited by bkcopa - 26 Apr 2007 at 7:16pm
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Tobin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tobin Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2007 at 6:46am

First Descents is an awsome organization. I am heading Colorado in July to volunteer at one of their camps.  Most prople know that what they support is pretty important ot me and when I heard about them through a friend it struck home.

I urge anyone that has a weeek of time and the desire to help people that are fighting cancer to volunteer. All you have to do is get yourself to Colorado, and they feed you.
I am really looking forward to it, and it should make for some great paddeling.
Peace
Sure?
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version