Professor Paddle: Round Tres vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Ideas / Issues / Problems / Fixes / Updates
 Professor Paddle : Site Support : Ideas / Issues / Problems / Fixes / Updates
Message Icon Topic: Round Tres Post Reply Post New Topic
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Replybullet Topic: Round Tres
    Posted: 05 Jan 2007 at 1:22pm
So as many of you might notice...

Our old data is back at home... There were a few gliches that were encountered. This is a brief description of what you can expect to see.

Old Topics and Threads are sorted by ID not date (Lame I know) So all of the old data that I moved over looks like new posts in the forums. This might be confusing at first but it will work it self out as we post and cover our tracks.

The search tools is functional off dates and fields so we can search old posts and threads now.

The author fields were moved but not the email notification fields. So if you wrote an old post that was migrated over and someone posts a message to it now, you will not be notified of new posts ... Again this is only on the old messages. You could go and re-check the button on posts you want notification from, but that would be alot of work.

Bottom line were crackin down the list ... Here is where we are now.
  1. Finish Trip Email Tools (James)
  2. Create Site Color Selector (Hydro, Tradguy, Pow, Spilly, ktw)
  3. Add New fields to media that ties users into photo's and offers user listings. (Harms)
  4. Add New Comments Page to show Author's what photos or blog posts have new comments from users or visitors.
  5. Make Trip Planner Even Better - Add a Link & Discussion Tool for Trips (Arno)
  6. Migrate Data over from the old site (Arno)
  7. Steamline PersonalPage Features with Gallery & Profile (Arno)
  8. Fix Blog Image Error (Jeff)
  9. Check out Error on Homepage when using Mobilephones - Jscripting

The next one that were going to tackle is the Personal Page Features and getting it streamlined and then the Media field addition to tie users into photo's that they are in. The photo's will then be listed in a section of that users personal page called "Media of Me". The purpose of this area will be to allow users to upload photo's they took and then assign the people in that photo, with thier friends on-line. This will maximize the number of places a photo is placed and allow everyone to share in the memory much easier. I always wanted it to work like this but never figured anyone would want to take the time to set the fields when uploading. If you think this whole idea will flop, let me know so I don't do all the work and not have it used.

~ J
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version