Professor Paddle: River Photo’s and Details vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Ideas / Issues / Problems / Fixes / Updates
 Professor Paddle : Site Support : Ideas / Issues / Problems / Fixes / Updates
Message Icon Topic: River Photo’s and Details Post Reply Post New Topic
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Replybullet Topic: River Photo’s and Details
    Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 11:37am
Much appreciation goes out to everyone that has helped make this site work and fun for everyone to use.

Dave, a great paddler and awesome photographer has let us post up different photo's he has taken and they are awesome. Check out his personal page to see what I mean. I updated the head image for the Skook with one of the photo's he took. Sweet is all I can say!

To everyone else thanks, and remember everyone gets to be a part of this site. I can not stress this enough. If you have run a river, and there are debris or logs post them on the river page. There are tools so you can keep these rivers up to date and you can remove the warnings too. Every member has this ability. Every member also has the ability to write a review of a river. I will post that stuff the day I get it, and most of the time within a few hours. It is key to build this stuff up so you can get all the info you want on the rivers you boat and love.

Believe it or not, we have enough people that use this site, that we can even start helping AWW and other organizations protect the waterways we love. There is strength in numbers, and we are strong. Not just because there are lots of people here.... It is because we have alot of active people here!

Unlike other sites, we are defying the 80/20 rule, and I want to keep that up. It is my goal to do what ever it takes to make everyone here continue to stay active on the water and in the boating community. Through tools, trips, or what ever other means we have as paddlers.

Just think in a few months we have gone from just me messing around to over 150 members and over 25k visitors. Your activity matters, and it makes this site what it is. A fast place to get responses to questions and a great outlet to sell and buy gear, and of course the primary goal to hook up with other boaters on Trips.

I just want to thank everyone that has fun here and everyone that hates this site. Because all of my enjoyment comes from seeing it being used and abused!

Hope to see ya on the water!

James
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 3:06pm
Right on James, this site has really given kayakers a meens to express themselves and get active, I used to rarley post and now I'm a little post crazy, I've got to cut back! Also you have been a real inspiration to get out there and paddle regularly and I need that, because it's easy to get lazy and stop. See ya out there,   Dave
Nomad
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
tradguy2
Master Poster
Master Poster
Fabric Fanatic

Quote tradguy2 Replybullet Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 3:35pm

I'll do what I can to keep up the interest.  So far I've talked a few people into joining.  THis site reminds me a lot of Cascadeclimbers.com , a great website and very active message board that a lot of climbers use.  I suspect this site will be just as useful as time goes by. 

Thanks for the site James.  I'll do my best to keep up my end of the bargain. 

James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 5:11pm
Tom,

Most excellent, although I don't want people to think we are all like recruiting, it is sweet to know others are all hyped about boating like I am. I figure as long as we all keep boating a ton, it will be a blast here too. And the only bargain I want you to keep TOM is boating more with ME :)

See ya out there guys.
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version