Professor Paddle: Why Golf? vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Why Golf? Post Reply Post New Topic
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Replybullet Topic: Why Golf?
    Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 4:37pm
I was chatting with my employer today and the oddest subject came up.

Sports...

We talked about his love of Golf and how he golfs with business people and has meetings based around the Green. Then we chatted about Kayaking and how I love the sport. Then he says to me, yea but how can kayaking help your business? Golf can!

It's the dog gone truth though. If you golf you meet people and build relationships that you would rarely ever beable to build if you did not share the hobby. I started wondering... How the heck did golf become the business past time? Why not baseball? Well I suppose it would be hard to talk business with the catcher while your swinging a 10lb bat above his head, so what other sports have been around for a long time that are good for business. I really can't think of any can you?

The better question in my mind is how can we make kayaking like that. Now I know what the first thing that will come out of a bunch of peoples mouths...

I go kayaking to get away from all that crap, I go kayaking to enjoy the river and the peaceful surroundings. Guess what your wrong.... you kayak because you love it. All that stuff is gravy on top. Don't get me wrong I like to kayak for those reasons to, but that does not mean that I could not have fun kayaking on a business trip, and that does not mean that I would want to only kayak during meetings, it would just be another way for me to get on the water, and best of all it would be a way to get on the water under the guise of "work".

So who's with me? Who wants to find more ways to boat, and boat in more ways than one?

I think the coolest thing would be for a bunch of people to get together for business meetings on the river. Weekday boating that was paid by the business it generated, finally away for non-pro boaters to hit it up all the time and not get fired doing it!

IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
tradguy2
Master Poster
Master Poster
Fabric Fanatic

Quote tradguy2 Replybullet Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 5:16pm
IMHO... golf sucks.  OK, it not that bad but kayaking is soooooo much better.  Hope I can find a way to get paid for a day on the water.
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 8:37pm
Actually, golf and kayaking have some very similar traits some pro golfer that kayaks said in some article that I read somewhere. I golf, and kayaking does actually help my game. The stroke is similar to golf. Anyway, I'm totally up for a kayak "business" outing. My business is Raymond forklifts, material handling equipment, so if anyone uses forklifts, lets meet on the river and discuss some service and sales issues!
Nomad
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Rick & Pam
Paddler
Paddler
King Chili

Quote Rick & Pam Replybullet Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 10:23am
We prefer safety meetings on the river! 

Safety First!!  

dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 05 Aug 2005 at 3:00pm
Rick and Pam, How about one next sat. 13th on the sky? Can you guys post a trip? I'm posted out.
Nomad
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Chuck e fresh
Master Poster
Master Poster
Post Jester - Round Tres

Quote Chuck e fresh Replybullet Posted: 24 Feb 2007 at 11:49pm
You don't need to be very athletic to golf. That's why you can bring any capitolist pig to the golf course and stick your nose as far up there ass as you can. I think the name of the move is "dirty sanchez.!" You'll never see that move on the river!! And if I hear anyone on the river talking buisness, I'll...I'll,...Well i'll just paddle a bit faster to get to the next feature so I can get away from the maddness!!
There's no such word as can't!so stop making excuses!!!!
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version