Professor Paddle: Playboater vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Open Forum
 Professor Paddle : The Class Room : Open Forum
Message Icon Topic: Playboater Post Reply Post New Topic
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Replybullet Topic: Playboater
    Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 3:08pm
So I am just going to use this general format.

Name: James Amandus
Years Paddling: 1.75
General Location: Renton, WA
Flatwater Practice Days: M-F (Evenings)

Favorite Practice Lakes:
Lake Washington (Gene Coulon), Lake Meridian, Lake Sammamish, Lake McDonald

Moves I can Teach:
Double Pump, Stern Squirt, Pivot Turns, Bow Stall, Stern Stall, Cartwheels, Loops, Felixs, Stalled Movements & Spins, Back Deck Rolls & Combat Rolls, Blunts, Air-Screw

Moves I want to Learn:
Helixes, PanAm, Donkey Flips and McAirFlips

Someone help me

Edited by James
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
tradguy2
Master Poster
Master Poster
Fabric Fanatic

Quote tradguy2 Replybullet Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 3:15pm
Let me know when you hit Gene Coulon Park next.  I'd be happy to join you for some flatwater practice.
Butchv
Paddler
Paddler

Quote Butchv Replybullet Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 5:37pm

I would love to join up for some flat water practice as well.

I just bought a playboat so I am new to it.  I really want to learn to double pump, bow stall and cartwheels.

Butch

IP IP Logged Send Private Message
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 8:47pm
James, the only other person that I've met as smooth in the water as you is Corin Addison, I think you have alot to offer to others, just boating with you these past couple of weeks has boosted my confidence level and knowledge 50%. You can teach old dogs new tricks, thanks! What I need to learn is how to feel comfortable underwater and, I guess, breath control, or maybe get a snorqle or scuba tank. Thanks for the schooling dude, see ya out there.
Nomad
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 10:16pm
Thanks Dave,

I sure do appreciate the kind words, but I doubt I am even half the boater he is. Anyways I do agree that I have the ability to pass on knowledge, just as everyone else does. The question is if I have the knowledge/ability that you are looking for.

I know several boaters that would consider it a big treat to learn from you also Dave. The real deal is making your self available, so if someone passes by that wants to learn you are able to lend the knowledge.

I am going to start posting trips to lakes during the weekdays mainly in the evenings. Anyone that wants to come is more than welcome to join in. All I ask is that you be willing to teach what you have in the old knowledge bank to those that are eager to learn.

This will be alot of fun, as the water levels fall for the summer, this is a great way to not only stay on the water, but also improve your skills in a huge way.

See ya guys out there!
waterviking
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote waterviking Replybullet Posted: 21 Jun 2005 at 3:10pm

I am a new playboater and would love to join in on some flat water pratice.  I live on lake Stevens and  have to hang around the house every other week because of work been working on a few things, but can't seem to get past the double pump  could use a few pointers I offer my lake anytime. I may be some help to someone just starting out.

Bruce 

Bruce
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 21 Jun 2005 at 8:07pm
I guess I know a few moves, but in my mind I want so much more. Like everyone says, practice practice, right. I enjoy teaching others what little I know and this summer after work the powerhouse, gene coulin park and lake meridian provide convenient access for practice.
      During the month of July my 17 year old son will be up here so I may not be available as much, but I look forward to get out there when I can. Teaching others also will help my skills, see ya out there.
Nomad
j berry
Paddler
Paddler

Quote j berry Replybullet Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 5:01pm
i would love to get into some flatwater practice sessions, i live right by the green river so ive been going down there as often as i can and doing someflatwater practice. ive been boating for a year now but just got into playboating a few months ago. I have to say i dont know how to do much in the way of payboating moves yet but i do have a lot of experience in the water and a bomb-proof roll so i could e of some help to someone just starting out who would be willing to learn from someone as young as me (15 years old) so let me know if theres a plan for some flatwater practice.
tradguy2
Master Poster
Master Poster
Fabric Fanatic

Quote tradguy2 Replybullet Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 9:34am

I'd be happy to go to Coulon Park on Tuesdays and meet some people for some flatwater practice.  Currently, the list of tricks I can teach is a bit short (none) but I just go a playboat and some instructional videos and would love to have someone to watch my technique and vice versa. 

Tuesdays at Coulon Park (south Lake Washington) work best but I'm flexible.  Let me know if your interested.  With the water so low it would be fun to get a group together on a regular basis.

James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 11 Aug 2005 at 3:12pm
I head to coulon about once a week too, so count me in.

The coolest thing about boating is that even if you can't do all the crazy tricks, just the stage your at can help someone that is trying to learn more.

Lets meet up next tuesday and toss our boats around. If you have any requests I might be able to get Aqua Sports in redmond to let us try some boats out too, just depends on what and how many.

I have an Air 55 and a T4 that anyone can try out too. I will plan on being there around 6pm next tuesday which is the 16th. Hope to see you there.
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 9:11am
Dude, my office is 5 miles from the green and I plan on practice after work on a regular basis this fall when it's up, so keep in touch. I may hook up with you guys on tue, lately I've been hitting the house of power after work.
Nomad
tradguy2
Master Poster
Master Poster
Fabric Fanatic

Quote tradguy2 Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2005 at 9:51am

Sounds good James.  See you there. 

tradguy2
Master Poster
Master Poster
Fabric Fanatic

Quote tradguy2 Replybullet Posted: 15 Aug 2005 at 11:16am

James,

What time and where (is there a normal spot at the park you prefer?) do you want to meet Teusday? 

Tom

James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 15 Aug 2005 at 2:01pm
I usually just paddle in that little area by Ivars that is surrounded by the floating dock. I like it because it is almost always calm with no waves which is Ideal for practice and learning new moves (primarily stalls and wheels)

I will be there tuesday at around 6pm. If anyone wants me to bring my T-4 let me know before tomorrow so I can take it.

James
tradguy2
Master Poster
Master Poster
Fabric Fanatic

Quote tradguy2 Replybullet Posted: 15 Aug 2005 at 3:07pm
see you there.
dave
Master Poster