Professor Paddle: Dragorossi ??? vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Dragorossi ??? Post Reply Post New Topic
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Replybullet Topic: Dragorossi ???
    Posted: 17 Jun 2005 at 4:11pm

So I was on the Dragorossi website today reading about the different boats they have. There were several things that I found really funny during my reading and surfing.

Before I got to the Dragorossi site I was reading about the Inferno.

Here is what Riot has to say about the Inferno!

According to Riot's Ken Driscoll, the Inferno is the next evolution of the Disco. It's a bit shorter, narrower and fatter than the Disco, but it's indeed not too difficult to see some similarities.

The funny thing to me is that the Inferno looks nothing like the Disco, and it doesn’t seem to feel anything like it either. There is however a ton of features that are very similar to the Air. In fact the Air and the Inferno look much closer than the Inferno and Disco. Maybe it is more acceptable to launch a new model based off an old boat, than it is to just say we are releasing the Inferno which is just like the Air with a few changes ... Try to sell boats with the truth.

If that was not a little funny I pulled up a photo of the Squash Tail from dragorossi, and then looked at the Riot Air..... OH my gosh .... it’s the same boat with new color and a few changed lines. Why change a good thing eh.... just re-name it, change the paint and call it the
HOT new model!

As I continued to read on through Dragorossi's site, I was forced to constantly ask my self. Are you on a whitewater kayaking website, or are you on a mixed up philosophers page? Let me guess... that did not make any sense right..... well read this and tell me it makes sense.

Dragorossi's Description of the Pintail

After reading that description here is the only thing I can think of.

Someone at Dragorossi is trying to make a statement through that description. Whoever it is feels like they have been "pigeon Holed" and they want everyone to know that they might not be a rodeo all star, but that does not make them a weekend warrior. And just because people treat them messed up does not mean anything ... because they define themselves.

They surpass any rules that apply to the rest, and will remain always an entity unto them. They have defined themselves as individuals, and paddlers, who are far to complex and in depth to succumb to any one category.

The description of this boat just goes on and on ... Finally at the end when you are dying to hear about the boat instead of the author, you get this.

These kinds of people, thinkers, innovators, people of action as much as words, have redefined themselves, and if we were going to produce a kayak for them, it needed to represent the very things that they do: rejection of any simple classification or over simplification of their lives, goals, accomplishments and priorities.

Will somebody please volunteer to help Dragorossi write boat descriptions. I am left wondering if the pin tail might be a imaginary boat that was created so the highly sophisticated views of those at dragorossi might be eloquently published for the entire boating community t

IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
refried
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

snowboarding,kayaking

Quote refried Replybullet Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 7:55pm
Corran is a very interesting person.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 10:08pm
I don't know him, or really too much about him, but from what I have read, I would agree with your assesment.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version