Professor Paddle: The River Flow volume is wrong vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Ideas / Issues / Problems / Fixes / Updates
 Professor Paddle : Site Support : Ideas / Issues / Problems / Fixes / Updates
Message Icon Topic: The River Flow volume is wrong Post Reply Post New Topic
Guests

Quote Guests Replybullet Topic: The River Flow volume is wrong
    Posted: 23 Apr 2005 at 6:49pm

On the Yo-Yo stretch of the Green Flaming Gyser to 212 the volume shloud be about 500cfs more than it is in the Gorge, and it reads the same. So I still have to go to American Whitewater to get the correct flow. Also, the Put in, take out, and river description are wrong. I would re write them for Professor Paddle if you changed the flow. The flow should point to this gauge http://waterdata.usgs.gov/wa/nwis/uv?12113000 So if you could fix this, I would be happy because I dont really like american whitewater

IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Guests

Quote Guests Replybullet Posted: 23 Apr 2005 at 6:52pm

Oops, I forgot to login before posting that so yea...

James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Replybullet Posted: 24 Apr 2005 at 9:30pm
I can understand that... Done... If you would like to make changes to the river descriptions let me know and I would be happy to make them, or I can give you access to a tool for updating them.

THanks for that gauge tip though!!
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
j berry
Paddler
Paddler

Quote j berry Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2005 at 7:43am
First I'd like to say thanks for changing the gauge, I never have to go to Americanwhitewater again. Yea about the description, I would be happy to update it for you. Actually, I was riding my bike down to the run to take some pics for the site but I got something in my eye and I had to go to the emergency room to get it out.

Edited by j berry
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2005 at 8:16am
Ouch that sounds painful...

I hope your eye is ok..

When you are interested in posting the river details let me know and I will show you how to make these changes. It is a pretty easy little form that I have designed. Thanks for the pictures by the way. I can't wait to see them.
j berry
Paddler
Paddler

Quote j berry Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2005 at 10:59am

Ill write the river details today in drafting class. I just need to know how to put them on the site.

My eye is fine now by the way.

j berry
Paddler
Paddler

Quote j berry Replybullet Posted: 26 Apr 2005 at 7:54pm

So I go to put the river details on the site but I don't have access to do it, which is smart so that random people can't post bogus things on here So do you want me to just e-mail you the description or do you want to give me access to update them? I could also write the details for the Powerhouse Run on the snoqualmie. 

James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2005 at 7:56am
Yea that is my own way of preventing people from just signing up and then posting crap where ever they want ... or worse posting bad things on the river details pages.

Anyways. So you can email me what ever you have and I will post it up. Go ahead and send it to professorpaddle@gmail.com and I will get it. Also if you can format it like the pages are with the order of details it would be alot easier to input it for me. Also if you have pictures you can upload them to that river. However if you want to create a rapid that is on a run, I have to create the rapid and edit the details, but you can upload photos to it. So if there are rapids on a run describe them seperatly then seperate out the photos for each one. Or at least that is how I do it. I am doing it this way because now the whole site is indexed and searchable. So like you could search for photos of paradise ledge in june, or search for videos of boulder drop at 5000cfs. Stuff like that...

ok so just send me what you have and I will post it.
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2005 at 8:01am
Oh yea ... THanks alot for participating... I really appreciate it. If you start running other rivers that don't have rapids\details let me know so I can continue to build up the pages. If you start doing several rivers a month that I don't have data on I would probably think about giving you access to these pages. Thanks again
j berry
Paddler
Paddler

Quote j berry Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2005 at 9:12pm

Alright, I e-mailed you the river info this morning, feel free to make changes (I'm not a very good writer) If you don't get it I can resend it to you.

Edited by j berry
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2005 at 4:22am
I don't believe that I got any emails from you. Make sure you send it to professorpaddle@gmail.com

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version