Professor Paddle: Site News 3/1/2005 vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Ideas / Issues / Problems / Fixes / Updates
 Professor Paddle : Site Support : Ideas / Issues / Problems / Fixes / Updates
Message Icon Topic: Site News 3/1/2005 Post Reply Post New Topic
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Replybullet Topic: Site News 3/1/2005
    Posted: 01 Mar 2005 at 5:06pm
Well... Finally we get a little teaser of the rain we have been waiting all year for and it just dies. What a bummer...

On the Bright Side (no pun intended) I am wrapping up another feature of the site called the Professor's Play Spots. With the river levels as low as they are many people are looking for a place to boat. Luckily there are quite a few spots that no one even thinks about going too. These places are off the beatin path, but even at low flows can develop hot little play areas to practice for the water we deserve.

I am still adding and building the database of playspots so bear with me on that, but be sure to check it out when you have a chance. I was just tipped off by King Pin Rob about a hot little wave up north. I would highly recommend this spot with our current situation, mainly because it is running and playable. Besure to check out this feature for more details on this spot and others.

As I finish up on the Rapid Area, I would love to hear from eveyone regarding ideas and suggestions to make this site even better. I am always open to making improvements and changes for the group. Please give me feedback, I am very very interested.

And lastly, in a few days perhaps a week I will be placing this whole site on my  server in NY. You will notice much faster downloads and no downtime. You will no longer see the http://paddle.telesero.com as the URL either, it will become www.professorpaddle.com and if you have created bookmarks I recommend changing them to utilize the speed of this new server.

We get about  100+ visitors per day, so I would love to see some more trips in the trip planner, for myself and others to go on. Thanks again and I hope to see you on the River!

IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
mike
Paddler
Paddler

Quote mike Replybullet Posted: 01 Mar 2005 at 8:20pm

your a good man James.

tumwater was cool, literally.

Mike Novak

James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 08 Mar 2005 at 9:01pm
THe move to the New York Server is Complete... I will be excited to find out if there are any problems or if we are all good!!!

Let me know
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version