Professor Paddle: Wednesday on the Sky Discussion Thread vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Trip Discussion's
 Professor Paddle : General : Events : Trip Discussion's
Message Icon Topic: Wednesday on the Sky Discussion Thread Post Reply Post New Topic
Wednesday on the Sky (Trip Quick View)
Find out more details by Viewing the Trip Page
Skykomish  (1 - Index/Powerline to Railroad Bridge)   Class III+(IV+)   Min 1000 cfs    |    Max 15000 cfs   Current 2760 cfs (Reported on 04-18-2024 11:30:00)
Trip Leader : arnobarno
Contact # : 206-334-4479
Meeting Time : 12/27/2006 11:00:00 AM
Meeting Place : Split Rock Pullout
Paddlers Paddling
Tobin , Weide
arnobarno
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote arnobarno Replybullet Topic: Wednesday on the Sky Discussion Thread
    Posted: 26 Dec 2006 at 2:24pm

This is the Wednesday on the Sky discussion thread. Please post any questions below.

Remember the actual Trip Details are located on the Wednesday on the Sky | Trip Page

I'm posting this as the "organizer" of this trip tomorrow down the Sky.  As a relative newbie who has done this river exactly once, I can safely say that you don't want to follow me down this river unless I am following someone else that knows what they are doing!  And, I'll be walking BD, for sure, as will some other boaters.

Based on the discussion earlier today in the threads, it looks like there will be others along that know the Sky very well.  In fact, this trip is only a go with their signups.  I also know that some want to get in two runs tomorrow and, of course, all of that can get finalized in the AM at the put-in.

If anyone is interested, I'd meet just before 10AM @ Sultan Bakery for breakfast.

Edited by arnobarno - 26 Dec 2006 at 2:33pm
arn9schaeffer@gmail.com (remove 9 for my real email address)
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
hutchm
Paddler
Paddler

Quote hutchm Replybullet Posted: 26 Dec 2006 at 4:12pm
I am in, hope the level comes up alittle. I know the sky realy well, so no worries mate.
Weide
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Weide Replybullet Posted: 26 Dec 2006 at 8:58pm
Josh and I are in. We will also be walking boulder drop. Are we meeting at the railroad bridge?
arnobarno
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote arnobarno Replybullet Posted: 26 Dec 2006 at 9:02pm
Scott,
Glad you guys are in.  We are meeting at the Split Rock take-out.  It is about 1/4 mile east of the RR bridge put-in, that is, it is the put-in that allows you to run the RR drop.  Keep driving past RR bridge put-in and look for a small pull-out on the south side of US2.  When we were there on Saturday, I believe there was some type of temporary road advisory sign in that pull-out but it may be gone now.

If you are unsure of the pull-out, stop by the Sultan bakery while I am still eating breakfast :-)

See you tomorrow.
arn
arn9schaeffer@gmail.com (remove 9 for my real email address)
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version