Professor Paddle: What's ailing Eagle Falls? vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: What's ailing Eagle Falls? Post Reply Post New Topic
ChristianKnight
WW Industry
WW Industry

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ChristianKnight Replybullet Topic: What's ailing Eagle Falls?
    Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 8:24am
https://vimeo.com/187279868
Catch your eddies,
Christian
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
NateW
McNasty
McNasty

Quote NateW Replybullet Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 11:05am
I think this is a well done video! As a 509er who went to school @ Western, I drove past Eagle Falls many times, but I've never stopped.

I think Discover Pass/NW Forest Passes/Etc have been a terrible policy shift for all involved. A not insignificant % of the money that goes into these passes are used to pay for enforcement:
http://www.agforestry.org/upload/userfiles/Funding_Public_Recreation_with_the_Discover_Pass-Policy_and_Practicality_Final_Report.pdf
(This link discusses enforcement costs, but doesn't give clear numbers)

The enforcement creates an adversarial relationship between the agencies and it's users. $30 to a low income person can be a real cost. These permits and fees are excluding a portion of our population that needs low cost recreational opportunities the most.

Places like Eagle Falls probably need cleanup days to clean up the graffiti. It seems that once there is one piece, others will soon follow. It just takes a few people abusing the area to really screw things up.
JoesKayak
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote JoesKayak Replybullet Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 2:02pm
Nice video. The falls will at least get a good washing this weekend. 
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
up4air
McNasty
McNasty

Quote up4air Replybullet Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 3:46pm
Good video. But, those freaking passes punish the masses for the misdeeds of a few. Just like my elementary school teachers used to do. Christian you know what happened at Sauk putin I'm sure - the general public is punished because some businesses allowed their clients to park at the putin which is not even allowed, and their answer was to have a parking pass. Plus i have yet to encounter even one police car, much less parking enforcement, on highway 2 through that area. I agree something needs to be done and i'm glad i have pics of this place prior to graffiti. I'm just not sure that another area that is off limits to non-pass holders is the answer. What is the likelihood that the parking would be enforced? And would graffiti idiots even let a sign deter them?
More water, please.
mikenash
Paddler
Paddler

Quote mikenash Replybullet Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 9:04am
What about  cameras, and signs. Trash bins Etc
outdoorjunkie88
Paddler
Paddler

Quote outdoorjunkie88 Replybullet Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 10:05am
I would think deception falls should be used as an example.  Same type of access, but I find this to be a very nice park.  Would be a sweet eagle scout project to put up some trash cans, maybe picnic tables.  Taking away access isn't a solution.  Posted rules and regulations are helpful and a bulletin board of some sort and then you let the people take care of the park.  thanks for bringing this to attention.  It is def. a problem
Drew C.
jonlcrain
Paddler
Paddler

Quote jonlcrain Replybullet Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 11:31am
Just for fun I Tweeted this video to Northwest Forest Service, Rep DelBene, and a couple local newspapers.
Slackkinhard
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Slackkinhard Replybullet Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 11:00am
Anybody have any thoughts about this stuff?  Or any others?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZLQafopgg0
NateW
McNasty
McNasty

Quote NateW Replybullet Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 12:52pm
I'd be pretty concerned about using chemicals that would in theory just wash downstream. Pressure washing might be a little hard on the rocks, but it'd get the job done.
Slackkinhard
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Slackkinhard Replybullet Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 2:11pm
This stuff claims to be biodegradable and 'safe', but the paint has to be disposed of. I'm wondering if a good vacuum might pull it off the rocks after this product 'releases the bond' as it describes?  Just wondering, would like to find a sano way to do this.  Any thoughts greatly appreciated
Brett
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version