Professor Paddle: "Don't Sleep Through The Revolution" vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: "Don't Sleep Through The Revolution" Post Reply Post New Topic
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jP Replybullet Topic: "Don't Sleep Through The Revolution"
    Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 7:17pm
I really want to thank Irene, Iron Monkey, Conrad, and Joeskayak, Rob, Steve,and others who have distributed cards and/or encouraged people they know to file eComments.

It is getting down to the wire as far as filing comments Regarding Docket # P-14295 Sunset Falls Hydro Proposal,
DEADLINE FOR ALL PUBLIC COMMENTS IS 4/27/2016

Please file an eComment, whether you filled out a post card or not. Otherwise, if you haven't gotten a postcard by now, I'd focus on filing that eComment. I don't have time to tell you the details here I have posted it at least twice if you check the thread history here. Somebody dig it up and bump the thread please. I don't have time.

If you have postcards, they need to be mailed monday. It takes time for them to trickle into the FERC docket. I get a little chime on my phone every time one gets posted :)

If you're still trying to get ahold of me to get some postcards to distribute to your community it is getting late for that. They really must be mailed by 4/15 absolute latest. However, if you can be really aggressive about it, I can hook you up but YOU NEED TO MEET ME I don't have time at this point to hunt peeps down.

(Quote of an All American Hero in case you're curious...)
http://www.uua.org/ga/past/1966/ware
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 7:29pm
For more opportunities to get involved...

I will be meeting in Snohomish with a small handful of boaters tomorrow night at 6:30. We're talkin strategey. Anyone is welcome to join but you need to contact me prior to that. I won't have access to PP so sending PM's isn't the best now that it's crunch time. contact me by other means. email me or better yet text me. Either way...

jpwaterway@mail.com

More Importantly now is to show up at SnoPUD Everett next tuesday 4/12/16 at 9:00am for a meeting regarding three studies related to this bad idea. We'd like to muster as many people to attend as possible. This is key because FERC representatives will be present from Washington D.C.
To show them with physical attendence that there is strong opposition to this hydro proposal is essential. So I'd like you guys to be talking about it between now and throughout the weekend. Promote the event please- if you can't make it, try to encourage someone else to go.

it should go from 9 to about noon. Great opportunity to meet up and go boat afterwards. Go ahead- skip out on work its for a good cause. Bodies in the room. Just bring your lovable lively selves.

Of course, you could make an opportunity to speak but for that you need to prepare by reading parts from one of three studies. This meeting will not directly adress the DLA but rather those studies as they relate to it. If you want to dig into the studies email me.

Realize it takes all of these small actions to add up to the combined effect it will require to Protect our Beloved Watershed, Mama Skykomish. The paddling community is uniquely cohesive to meet this challenge and to help facilitate out reach.

Many Hands Make For Light Work
Involve yourself NOW!
"Don't Sleep Through The Revolution"

Edited by jP - 06 Apr 2016 at 7:42pm
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
mikenash
Paddler
Paddler

Quote mikenash Replybullet Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 9:01pm
I'll be there on Tuesday JP

megspk
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote megspk Replybullet Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 8:31pm
I can't get the FERC website to upload...anyone else having troubles?! I also have to work the day of the meeting....I'm sorry I can't make it. I'll try and post a comment if I'm able!
“A strong person and a waterfall always channel their own path.” -Unknown

jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 2:55pm
Come on out to Everett tomorrow morning. 9am.
Show FERC we are opposed to hydro development at Sunset Falls. Then go paddle later :)
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 2:21pm
While it is way too early to predict an outcome with this thing, I will take a moment to express some recent optimism- which is becoming a rare occurrance for me with regards to how our government and society treat our collective resources.

First off, its important to note that the meeting on 4/12 was scheduled as a direct result of an eComment filed by a concerned citizen. So just the fact that the meeting occured is proof of some due process. Also, a FERC representative apparently said that all the comment cards are having an impact. Whether he was just blowing smoke up someone's ass or not is hard to say.

But from my vantage point as a subscriber to FERC Docket # P-14295, I get to see all of these comments get posted to it daily just as the officials at FERC and other interested agencies do. If you were to strip away all of the public comments, you'd be left with some very minimal dialog between agencies. But there are daily updates to the docket. Most in the form of comment cards. I think its been helpful as it represents individuals litterally from all over the State! So although I would have liked to triple the volume of public involvement in the form of cards, in the end we will at least have showed there is strong opposition to this. So a Huge Thank You to anyone who distributed comment cards- every card signed and mailed counts! If anyone has any straggler cards out there please stamp/mail them TODAY!!

Then the online comments ramped up, and this has been great. Yes, some comments were factually inaccurate, but their sentiments were nonetheless valuable contributions.Thanks to everyone who filed an eComment. Most of these were very matter-of-fact and articulate as well as heartfelt. And, fortunately there is a handfull of "Save The Sky Samurai" who are really slaying it at the keybpard. These few individuals have been diligently reading the endless pages of boring sh*t and then crafting up effective counter arguments with facts, quotations, graphs and photos.

From my perspective it looks as though we could tip the scales in favor of protecting the Sky. It's too early to count the chickens though, for sure. We need to keep up what we are doing. There's still time to comment. If you are reading this and haven't filed one, check out the sample eComments thread and the Copy,Paste, Remix, Send thread. Shoot your email at the Dragon's Belly!!! Unlike with Smaug, there are LOTS of scales missing. All you gotta do is pick up the bow and arrow.

If you want some arrows for your quiver, email me:
jpwaterway@gmail.com
I got supporting documents I can send your way if it will help you. I'll proof read sh*t too if you want just get involved.

Don't Sleep Through The Revolution.
The River Can't Speak For Itself.

Edited by jP - 20 Apr 2016 at 2:35pm
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version