Professor Paddle: Advice and beta, planning a trip from NC. vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Advice and beta, planning a trip from NC. Post Reply Post New Topic
runxvx
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote runxvx Replybullet Topic: Advice and beta, planning a trip from NC.
    Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 11:02pm
Hey y'all!

I'm from NC. My best friends and I are planning a trip from down here in the southeast all the way up to y'all in the PNW!
During the summer.
Super stoked on it, can't wait to do some PNW boating.

Our primary targets are the little white, the green truss, tumwater canyon, and icicle creek. Anything else that is running too! In addition, what are the chances that Eagle Creek in oregon runs at some point this summer?

Sounds like the snowpack this year is good and flows should be solid.

So here's the question, :
WHEN is the best time to show up for good moderate flow in these rivers?

Edited by runxvx - 02 Jan 2016 at 9:23pm
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 9:55pm
Icicle and the Little White will be gone sooner than Tumwater and the Truss, which are later season runs. Perfect times for many quality creeks running at the same time would be late May into early June. There are also classic summer runs like Grand Canyon of the Elwha, Ohanepecosh and Bridge Creek into the Stehekin that go a little later, but May into June have a whole host of runs going, and if your range is basically the whole state of WA, then you won't have one day off from boating. I've never paddled Eagle, but I think it is a spring run as well. This website is a good source for levels as well as the texting service... 41411. Text that number with the river level you want, i.e. level Wenatchee, or level icicle, or level Tye. It works all over and probably for SE rivers too. Check into the Robe page on facecrack as well for the day to day. cheers mate
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
runxvx
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote runxvx Replybullet Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 11:03am
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks homie!
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 5:54pm
And if you come in spring when everything is still full of juice the bigger waterfalls down in the gorge will still be there as well as runs like the Top Tye, Foss and Upper Upper NF Sky (waterfall run) in the Skykomish drainage. And don't forget the Cle Elum or Cooper Rivers on the east side of Snoqualmie Pass in late spring or early summer. All these runs are pretty quality and there are bound to be others too. Robe Canyon and Ernie's Canyon are both about an hour from Seattle and will definitely have water in May/June. All the runs I've mentioned are on the A list. cheers
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
tiziak
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote tiziak Replybullet Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 6:42pm
Keep an eye on this forum as Spring gets here. Stuff is usually way sportier on the way up than it is on the way down. But... you'll always have more options when the banks are peaking vice receding.

Honestly though, if you're worried about plan tickets getting more expensive and you want to nail down a timeframe for optimum sickness I would fly in the middle to end of March. Almost everything in the Skykomish and Wenatchee drainage will have water. Truss and Ldub will be as high as you want them and other Hood River/White Salmon goods will be in.

On the safe side, as long as you get here before July, you'll be fine.
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Daniel Patrinellis
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version