Professor Paddle: Cispus upper upper? vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Cispus upper upper? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
SOPBOATER
McNasty
McNasty

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SOPBOATER Replybullet Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 2:31pm
You definitely don't need a gopro. IMHO and it's just that an opinion they have ruined allot of what is great about kayaking whitewater. I personally don't like to see video of a run before I do it. It robs me of my own discovery and chess match. Nor do I like an inordinate about of beta. But all that aside. I don't know you nor have I paddled with you to my knowledge. I haven't the slightest clue of your ability or comfort level. However I do know that most people capable of soloing the upper upper know where they are on the river period. Paddling is a game best played by straight shooters. Straight with yourself, others, and the river. I only paddle with straight shooters, especially in class v environments. Perhaps you are having difficulty finding a partner because folks don't know if you are shooting straight. I'm not trying to bring you down and only trying to help. It just seems to me there's allot to question here. I'm old school and don't go in for these new fangled fancy coordinates and gopros, but I always know where I'm paddling with very very few exceptions. So you either did or you didn't paddle some river and that's all I can really glean from this thread. I really don't care one way or the other but would like to see you progress in paddling and find folks your own ability to paddle with. I think many here just don't know what type of experience they would be in for. Another thing is that there is no shame in being w beginner, intermediate or any type of boater and there is no rush. I've been paddling Washington rivers for about twenty years and I'm definitely not as smooth as I used to be, but I don't distress or regress. I just paddle where I feel comfortable and am honest with myself and others of how I'm feeling on any given day. Sometimes I feel like I rock, other times I don't. Depends on many factors chiefl among them being my recent seat time. In short I really don't want to see you alienate yourself cause having a solid crew is awesome and you seem highly stoked. Just be real. The paddling community houses some of the most interesting, intelligent, compassionate and adventurous people I know. So be real, be stoked, and folks will be real with you. Again, not trying to bum you out, just trying to help.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
imageAK
McNasty
McNasty

Online Status: Offline
  Quote imageAK Replybullet Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 3:04pm
Thank you.
aint nobody got time for that!
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version