Professor Paddle: Need a place to park the van. vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Chit Chat
 Professor Paddle : General : Chit Chat
Message Icon Topic: Need a place to park the van. Post Reply Post New Topic
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jP Replybullet Topic: Need a place to park the van.
    Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 10:33am
Hey everyone

I'm headed out to the San Jauns may 1 st and will be out there all summer. I could take the van with me, but I am considering leaving it on the mainland. Much prefer the concept of having only a bicycle and a kayak as modes of transport.

So I'm wondering if anyone would be able to accomodate my van for the summer. I suppose an ideal location would be more rural so it was parked on someone's property rather than on the street. North end of Puget Sound or near there probably best...

My plan is to finally once and for all sell it at the end of the summer and upgrade to something better. But in the meantime it will probably serve as somewhat of a storage container. Plus I cant sell it without having a replacement.

I'd be open to discussing some sort of recompense in exchange for this. Just looking for an affordable option. If you are interested and able in helping me out, or if you have suggestions, send me a PM.

Thanks
jP
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
not-very-clever
Super Looper
Super Looper

Quote not-very-clever Replybullet Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 3:57pm
JPizzle! which island are you gonna be residing on?

orcas is not the friendliest for road biking.  the main roads in and out of town have little to no shoulder the majority of the time.  the island is pretty spread out in general and though people do road bike there, i personally avoid it.

san juan island would work good for having only a bike, the roads are much more inviting to the road biker.  my parents live on SJI and i bike there  all the time, the roads are way better on SJI.  good mtn biking on both those islands too.

i dig the idea of simple life for sure, no one is saying you have to drive that rig around all the time, but i think it would probably be a good idea to have it out there, especially when you want to do a shuttle for a downwind sea kayak mission

Edited by not-very-clever - 08 Apr 2015 at 4:00pm
http://www.precisionmotions.wordpress.com
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 7:56pm
Hmm. You raise excellent points, my friend. Still sorting it all out. Just got over a hump of "Stuff Doing", only now free to contemplate options. I guess I'm sick of driving it. Personally, riding on Orcas didn't bother me when I rode from the ferry to Moran S.P. I suppose on a busy weekend with lots of gaper bourgeoisie driving about in their shiny hybrids with their zombie-like awareness...

Ok I am beginning a rant. I'd better stop before Kiwi Mike kicks my scrawny ass...

🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version