Professor Paddle: Wenatchee River Race Series vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Wenatchee River Race Series Post Reply Post New Topic
pottert
Super Looper
Super Looper

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pottert Replybullet Topic: Wenatchee River Race Series
    Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 10:23am
Alright friends, Spring is officially here, as it has been for a couple months now, so its time to fill you all in on what is going down in the months to come. With the help of World Kayak, Jackson Kayak, Beyond Clothing, Birdwhere, and LMS, I am going to host a Wenatchee River event series throughout May and June. Every other Saturday, starting May 16th, we are going to meet at the selected course, throw down our sickest paddling, collect some dope swag, then go party or paddling or whatever we feel like. ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE REWARDED FOR PARTICIPATION. Unlike most races, there will not be a prize for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Instead, everyone will get set up with some fresh goodies. As you can see by the event line up, we are not talking about class V steep creek races here. These are community events that I encourage everyone in the area or from afar to come participate in. This is just another great opportunity to get on the river with all of the rad people we know who also like to paddle plastic boats down some rapids. The event line up is as follows:

May 16th: Snowblind Scurry- A mass start boater cross race from the Goodwin Bridge to River Side Park in Cashmere.

May 30th: Boulder Bend Bash- A team race from Barn Beach in Leavenworth to a raft full of hot chicks and beer anchored off the KOA. After racing we will all float down to Happy Wave for a surf throw down and BBQ. Teams can be 2-4 people.

June 13th: River Fest- The classic down river event. This is a mass start race from Rodeo Hole to Cashmere. Any craft, few rules. Bring your A game, and your throw bag.

June 27th: House Run Rally- A head to head race down the House Run in Leavenworth. Starting line will be the Osprey High Adventure Put-in, T.O. will be the Icicle Bridge. Winners from each round will advance and race against other winners. There may only be one...

Race meet times will be 5:00 pm so we can get plenty of warm up paddling in and all those raft guides can compete as well.

I'm stoked to see everyone turn out for these rad little events. Remember, everyone gets some gear. Also, these are relatively chill sections of river and we will have tons of safety, so if you're looking to step it up a bit or you're new to river racing, come check it out, you won't regret it.

If anyone has any questions or notices something that I completely overlooked, PM me or come find me on the river.

Lastly, SPREAD THE WORD!!!

Cheers,

T-Pot
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
megspk
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote megspk Replybullet Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 11:57am
Sounds like a blast, but where's the raft full of hot dudes for us river ladies?! 
“A strong person and a waterfall always channel their own path.” -Unknown

pottert
Super Looper
Super Looper

Quote pottert Replybullet Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 2:26pm
They will be running sweep, and will also have beer...
Slackkinhard
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Slackkinhard Replybullet Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 2:46pm
I'm too old to qualify, but I'll bring beer and try not to be creepy
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
imageAK
McNasty
McNasty

Quote imageAK Replybullet Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 2:52pm
Awesome setup! Ive been wanting to get out to some world kayak events to talk with a few familiars, looking forward to it!
aint nobody got time for that!
rorosherman
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote rorosherman Replybullet Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 10:24pm
This sounds like a blast! If I can get out of working those dates, I'm so there. LOVE this :)
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version