Professor Paddle: 2015 Robe Race vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: 2015 Robe Race Post Reply Post New Topic
Force
Paddler
Paddler

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Force Replybullet Topic: 2015 Robe Race
    Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 6:48pm
Yes it's that time of year again. Rumor has it Ms Robe is in better shape since mid-winter and the gnomes are coming out of hibernation.

This year's Robe race will follow the template of years gone past, teams of 2 from T1 to above Magic Carpet. Race date is set for Saturday April 18th, backup date for April 25th, and hail mary backup for the following weekend if flows or weather are unfavorable the first weekend. To ensure maximum participation race flow range is 5.0- to 6.0-ft above or below that we'll look to postpone. Racers should be at the TO at 10am on race day.

Teams are expected to provide their own safety but if non-races are willing to setup at a few key spots that is always appreciated and handsomely rewarded. It also helpful to have timing volunteers to hike into T1 and the finish line.

There are a few other things in the works that will hopefully be announced soon.

That's all for now. Happy training and let the smack talking begin...
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Force
Paddler
Paddler

Quote Force Replybullet Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 8:43am
Hey all. Great to see so many people out on Robe lately, things are in real good shape right now. The outlook for this weekend looks epic! I'll take the risk and say things are looking great to have the race on 4/18 as planned. Happy training
tiziak
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote tiziak Replybullet Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 12:22pm
SICK!
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Daniel Patrinellis
FLUID
WW Industry
WW Industry

Quote FLUID Replybullet Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 10:32pm
We also need volunteers for safety. We have a lot of new racers and new robers and safety this year should be paramount!

If your not racing and have the ability to paddle robe or hike in to at least Hotel please come and hold a bag or be in your kayak. There will be disignated safety points along the race course (ie the whole river)

Pumped for this one !
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 2:42pm
So f**king bummed. Of course I have to fly out litteraly the night before.

I sure wish I was there to set safety.

Make sure this New School Attack of the Kayak Clones contingent knows damn well how UNSPORTSMAN-like it is for the winner to leave without ceramoniously recieving The Robe. It is an exalted honor to race, let alone to win.

I did some recent outreach with the Gnome Community and they all agree (Last week I saw a few Gnome Elders below Ms. Robinson and was far enough ahead of The Crew that I had a brief exchange with them before they scuttled under some boulders). So, be honorable, or get stomped. Because the Gnomes will do the stomping next time.(In full disclosure they let it be known to me as well in no uncertain terms that they are keeping an eye on me too-why else do you think I've been on my best behavior lately? Gotta love some good checks n balances!)

Stay Safe, Stay Stoked, and Race Hard, Boyz n Grrlz!!!

Edited by jP - 14 Apr 2015 at 2:51pm
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
Force
Paddler
Paddler

Quote Force Replybullet Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 8:54am
I feel pretty confident we are going to be within the zone tomorrow and would say things are ON! Racers should be at the TO at 10am tomorrow 4/18. Let's do this! If anyone has questions they can also give me a call 360.483.8611
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 7:59pm
Best lap ever. 
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 9:56pm
Yeah?
So...did I ever mention how much I (still) hate Face Book?
Yes, hate is a strong word. That's why I see fit to use it.

I sure Love the Robe Race though. Love is a stronger word. Help a brother out. Give me the word on how the Race went. Looked like the heat brought in some diurnal rythms. Flows held decent.

Who won the Robes? (Tell me they stuck around to recieve their accolades)
Second, third, fourth place teams? (Im sure they raced hard and deserve some mention)
Who got Gnomed?
Any swimmers or other carnage?

Edited by jP - 18 Apr 2015 at 9:58pm
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 7:27am
I'm pretty sure we saw record race times this year. I don't have anything official in front of me, but... David Spiegel and Will Grubb are the latest studs to don the Robe of all robes. Xavi provided a little snow and warmth to create a perfect level for this year's race. Everyone was beyond stoked and it didn't matter where you were or what you were doing, communal vibe was strong. stoked on the amount of river safety this year. Awards and times were announced at Paca Pride. One unfortunate racer had a paddle malfunction, but was quickly handed a breakdown to finish the course. Good times were had by all and I can't wait for next year's race. Robe Race is tops!
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
mikenash
Paddler
Paddler

Quote mikenash Replybullet Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 2:12pm
It was one of the best day on the river ever. Most folks stayed at the liquid lounge bar a little too long but it was so damn nice no one wanted to leave. Maybe we should have prize giving there next year? JP you would've had a ball.
tiziak
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote tiziak Replybullet Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 6:20am
Great turnout, great people, great scene, another amazing Robe Race in the books! Thanks to everyone for everything; you people are so sick!
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Daniel Patrinellis
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version