Professor Paddle: Demon Seed wood gone vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Demon Seed wood gone Post Reply Post New Topic
doggievacation
Super Looper
Super Looper

Online Status: Offline
  Quote doggievacation Replybullet Topic: Demon Seed wood gone
    Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 6:11am
There was a river alert a few weeks ago about new wood stuck on the front of Demon Seed just below Jaws on the Sauk.  We ran it yesterday at low water and it's totally clean now.  In fact, the whole run is pretty darn clean.

As for snow on the mountains, there wasn't any of that, either.  Seriously, about the only snow visible on Whitehorse is old snow from years ago.  This winter's snow pack isn't just pathetic, it's non-existent.
Don't waste water!
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
ThrowYaMittsUp
Tricky Woo
Tricky Woo

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ThrowYaMittsUp Replybullet Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 10:28am
I agree. The Sauk is as clean as I have ever seen it. We've had great flows and days with weather that would be hard to beat in June.  That's not good for snow pack though.

The highwater around Thanksgiving was enough to move quite a bit of stuff around. There's nothing too significant, but its still cool to see how stuff changes. You don't notice much if you stay on the railroad tracks, but I think its fun when you have little surprises on moves you had dialed.

According to Wikipedia the Upper South Fork Sauk  use to flow through Barlow and into the SF Stilly. Is it possible that when the gnomes came down out of the glaciers to settle in Robe, a group accidentally took a right instead of a left and ended up in the Sauk? I couldn't find any more on the web. There is strong evidence in the field though, if you are willing to go look for it.

Also, I have noticed a few limbs sticking out of the water, some in the standard lines. They appear to be attached to logs that have recently become part of the river bottom. I'm sure there are logs all over the bottom of that river, they just lose their branches over time.  Still, they're something to lookout for if your boat is inflatable or you're not in a boat.

Edited by ThrowYaMittsUp - 02 Feb 2015 at 10:56am
"Call on God, but row away from the rocks." ~H.S. Thompson
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version