Professor Paddle: Orange Diesel removed from Green Gorge vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Lost \ Found \ Stolen
 Professor Paddle : Classifieds : Lost \ Found \ Stolen
Message Icon Topic: Orange Diesel removed from Green Gorge Post Reply Post New Topic
itchy
Paddler
Paddler

Online Status: Offline
  Quote itchy Replybullet Topic: Orange Diesel removed from Green Gorge
    Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 9:22am
On Saturday, my friend Nat got injured on the Green and we hiked out. His boat (an orange Diesel) was stashed and tied up by some others on river right a bit below Let's Make a Deal (I believe). I packrafted in yesterday afternoon to retrieve the boat but it was gone at that point. It was late enough in the day that I had to get back to town and didn't swing by FG to see if the boat had been left there, and I haven't gotten through to anyone on the phone there yet.

Did anyone recover said boat? If so please contact me at 785.393.6416 or email me (cossatot at gmail.com) and we can work something out; I'd be happy to come and get it. I can also provide Nat's contact info, but he may be undergoing surgery today and will be down for the count.

Also, if it's useful information for anyone, there is a (gated) road almost all the way to Mercury that runs along the power lines. There is a little trail that gets closer, but once the ridge it's on gets really steep and narrow, you have to downclimb on the western (downstream) side of the ridge, which will put you out either at or right below Mercury on river left, depending on where you make it down. I don't know the legalities of access but I think it's electric co. land on top, and it just says 'no motor vehicle access' but it's an option in the event of an emergency. There might be 4wd access to the road if you're creative and it's a real emergency; I don't know how close a helicopter could get in with the power lines there. It would still be a cast iron bitch to get back up w/ someone on a stretcher, but you could get an EMT down there if need be.

Thanks for any info that anyone may have.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
The NZA
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Quote The NZA Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 1:36pm
If anyone does have the boat, I can give you beer and/or whatever else to get it, and the other gear inside it, back. My name, Nat Krancus, is on the inside of the boat, as well as my email (though the phone number may be outdated). You can reach my at 206 348 0121. Thanks!

Nat
mokelumnekid
McNasty
McNasty

Quote mokelumnekid Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 7:57pm
Thanks itchy- boy it would be great to have a solid source of info like this posted on the river trip page. I'd strongly encourage folks with the knowledge of these things along the Green to gather it up into one place where one can access it before heading out. Google Earth helps but anecdotal input is really helpful, even better. S-t happens and having an idea as to the options going in is always a great thing. Just saying...

Edited by mokelumnekid - 26 Jan 2015 at 8:07pm
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 27 Jan 2015 at 7:41pm
Boat was spotted today and I gave Nat and Itchy a call. Itchy if you got in there with a pac raft, you could get in there again and get that boat, no problem.
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
The NZA
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Quote The NZA Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 9:24am
Thanks for the call!
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version