Professor Paddle: Moving to New Hampshire vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Moving to New Hampshire Post Reply Post New Topic
tradguy2
Master Poster
Master Poster
Fabric Fanatic

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tradguy2 Replybullet Topic: Moving to New Hampshire
    Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 9:15am
Sadly, I haven't seen some of you in a while because a rotator cuff injury and some crazy personal stuff have kept me away from the river.   Now, just as I'm ready to start paddling more I find myself moving to Portsmouth New Hampshire to take a new job. While I am excited to see some new rivers (I'm open to suggestions) I'll miss the rivers and more importantly the friends I have made out here.   
I'm having a bit of a going away party next Sunday (yes, I know it is Father's Day but time is short) at the Schooner Exact Brewery in SODO at 4pm. I'd love to see you there.
Also, I'm looking to get some mid week laps on the 'chee before I leave, let me know if you are interested.
SYOTR my whitewater friends.
Tom
... preparing for a river beating!     
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 11:04am
Tom, you are a great guy and you will be missed.
There is good paddling where you are headed, and you will probably have an assimilation process that may require patience as you learn a new region's rivers and get aqquainted w/ new circles of boaters. While some recent transplants here are engaging in this process in the PNW, you'll go through it there.

You got Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, New York... Lots of good stuff near where you'll be. Canada. Loads of possibilities from class II-V whatever your fancy...wilderness close at hand... You'll be stoked!

Best of luck, man!
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
tradguy2
Master Poster
Master Poster
Fabric Fanatic

Quote tradguy2 Replybullet Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 11:40am
Thanks JP, I'm sure I'll run into some of your old friends out there. Keep your blade in the water my friend.
... preparing for a river beating!     
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 1:55pm
Tom, man that is great news and a bummer wrapped up in the same package.

It has been great to paddle, camp and get to know you! I hope your new job and relocation go well and that you enjoy this next stage of life!!

Unfortunately due to fathers day I won't be there but wish I could! Take care man and do stop in to let us know how the NE is treating you!
JayB
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote JayB Replybullet Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 1:56pm
Hey Tom:

You'll be missed. Sharpen your ice-tools, and get psyched for the paddling out there. The moderate creeking is some of the best in the country, and the dam-release scene out there gets everyone in the same place at the same time in ways that just aren't possible out here, and there's a super-connected vibe in the paddling scene out there that I think you'll really enjoy. Hit up NPMB.com or the "Where's the Whitewater At?" Facebook groups and you'll be plugged in almost immediately.
-Jay
peterbuilt85
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote peterbuilt85 Replybullet Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 1:37pm
Tom,

I just moved to Seattle from Maine, and I didn't do it just for the boating.

There are some Great creek runs in New Hampshire and Western Maine. Unfortunately, they don't seem to run as often as rivers in WA, but they're definately dynamic, challanging and worth the drive. Couple of creeks that come to mind are Sandy Stream, Gulf Hagas (more central Maine), East Branch Piscataquis, and Cold Brook in NH. Plenty of playboating (with the potential of super warm water), on the Kennebec, Penobscot and Androscoggin watersheds.

In my experience, the best forum to use in regards to boating in Maine is MAINE FLOWS on facebook.

Enjoy the NorthEast!

IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Fenix747
Paddler
Paddler

Quote Fenix747 Replybullet Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 7:41pm
Hey Tom,

As others have said there is some great boating out here in the northeast! I haven't done much in NH but VT has a ton to offer from my experiences. There is a seasonality to it out here which sucks compared to the northwest but... Well I haven't figured it out yet, the rivers freeze over and there are small "mountains".

I've been back and forth between the northwest and the northeast for a couple years now and it seems ill be out here for a long stint now. In the Montreal area to be exact. If you are ever looking to paddle hit me up! Live 5 minutes from epic surfing and have a spot to crash if you'd like. Or let me know if you want to paddle VT/NH when the rains come.

-Andy
"Full Face" Andy
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version