Professor Paddle: Family Cooper Co'Op vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Event: Family Cooper Co'Op - Event Date: 28 Jun 2014 Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Replybullet Calendar Event: Family Cooper Co'Op
    Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 6:34pm
Well I figure I better start this discussion sooner or later so us family guys can get a started with some plans.

Here is the general idear.

We pick a weekend out on the cooper that has some good flows and then we set maybe two to three days aside where we run a bunch of runs as well as give our special ladies some fun time too.

Day 1 would be a split guy gal day. First thing in the AM the guys would head off to hit up a max of 3 cooper laps (should only take 15 minutes) then we relieve the ladies who depending on choice could go for a hike, bike or soak in the lake on boats. Rejoin for an evening family BBQ.

Day2 would be a Max lap attack for the guys we could basically go for max laps possible in a set time period. After that time period we could bump on up to Gallagher Head Lake and have a lunch of dinner depending on time frame. You can camp up there but I have heard it gets pretty cold and is really heavy on bugs. Scenery looks good though and for those of us with little kids under 3 yrs old having a fun side adventure that is flexible would be nice.

Ideas Thoughts?

Date is set for the last weekend in June. 28th and 29th.

Lets get this nailed down, who is in?

Edited by James - 05 Jun 2014 at 11:14pm
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
septimus prime
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote septimus prime Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 1:59pm
We are ready for this. As we are weekend warriors, any weekend with good flows works for us. I like the itinerary.

Not June 8th.

Looking forward to it.
Jon Shell Bee
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 2:33pm
I figure flows depending it will probably be late in June. Certainly not the first week as the Cle Elum valley side is just starting to contribute the water. I figure based on snow and the local word, after two solid weekends of 3k + inflows the Cle Elum side will be pretty much tapering down and the Cooper side will become the bigger contributor.

So Lets just say around the end of the monthish. I know this is unlikely but It sure would be cool if the folks that were really gonna go could get an email chain or sometype of discussion started for the Ladies because our weekend trips are generally around the guys plans and it would be fun to try and make it more of a shared experience if that is possible... maybe not, just a thought.
chipmaney
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote chipmaney Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 9:43am
a

Edited by chipmaney - 29 Apr 2014 at 12:52pm
sitting all alone on a mountain by a river that has no end
bigboof
Paddler
Paddler

Quote bigboof Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 10:53am
i'd be down for this as well.

sean
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
ChristianKnight
WW Industry
WW Industry

Quote ChristianKnight Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 11:38am
I've been hoping for a Cooper weekend this year. Unfortunately, I am likely out of town on the weekend of June 27. The previous or following weekend would work well, though.
Catch your eddies,
Christian
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 12:09pm
I am just going to stick to simple dimple no FB or email chains. Anyone is welcome but my goal is to have some what of a more family oriented weekend. Rather than just boaters boating while kids play, I would like to spend time with my friends and their families back at camp and enjoy seeing how we have been blessed in our lives through our wives and children. That being said, optimal flows would be nice 

So lets just try this on for size.

Here is a Trip Link for Helping Nail down Dates (Ignore the dates listed for now)

Join if you are interested. no commitment just to gauge interest and so I can easily bounce Emails to everyone.

oukr9965
Super Looper
Super Looper

Quote oukr9965 Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 12:20pm

If this works around the busy summer schedule I'd love to bring my fam up for the festivities.  Everytime we go there I think about how much the wife and kids would enjoy it up there.  We have a 3.5 yo son and a 2 yo daughter.  Coming from the Tri-Cities.

-Lanson
brig
Paddler
Paddler

Quote brig Replybullet Posted: 01 May 2014 at 6:22pm
We're most likely in!
Chris B.
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 01 May 2014 at 10:48pm
Brig - I know your family will be digging the drive to go check out Gallagher Head Lake perfect rig for the perfect side treat.
brig
Paddler
Paddler

Quote brig Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2014 at 9:37am
I'll follow you James.
Chris B.
JayB
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote JayB Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2014 at 9:54am
I'd be interested in boating provided the flows aren't too burly. I would probably head out there just for a the kid-camping experience even if that's the case, though - so keep me in the loop.
-Jay
firewater
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote firewater Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2014 at 4:48pm
Awesome idea James! The last two weekends in June work for me. I've got a 2 year old, 4 year old, and a wife I know that would love to hang out with other families and ankle biters. I'll let her truly witness my answers to "what do you guys talk about when your out in the river?" My response is always "nothing....." Cant wait. The last time we paddled together was when we did FITW styling the different high fives with beers.
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2014 at 7:50am
If you are Interested in joining up for the Family Style Cooper Weekend, please Join the trip so I can keep a running tally of Emails. As we get closer I will hit everyone up on the list so we can pick the exact weekend well in advance. I figure sometime around the end of May first week of June we will have a solid fix on schedules with flows so we can select the weekend.

Again if you want to be included on the planning and are going Click here and then Select Join.

Trip Details Page
(join button is on the lower left in side menu)

And finally for those that want to keep the ball rolling on the discussion side. It does sound like most of the kids are in the 0 to 6 year old range. Mine are 3 and just under 2. I was thinking that I might bring my Raft and do a float down the lower cle elum stretch too since it is super mild and we could bring little kids for a first time "river run" ending at the campsite around the head of the reservoir.

Anyone that can build on this list should, and it would be even better to find out what the Mom's would actually enjoy doing for a day.

Side Adventures
Rafting on the Lower Cle Elum
Float N Tan in the Reservoir
Mountain Bike the Cooper Trail or Rat Pack
Day Hike around French Cabin Creek or Cooper Lake
Drive up to Gallagher Head Lake and Explore Fortune Creek Trail
OH YEA - I am totally going to make a Driftwood Sauna!!

Edited by James - 16 May 2014 at 2:05pm
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2014 at 2:09pm
Alright for the sake of planning since trips with kids certainly require more notice lets start talking dates.

The run is going to roost up in two to three weeks as the Cle Elum side looses snow and the temps rise on the coop. I figure it will take about 2 or 3 weeks max for it to drop back down into shape although it could happen quicker for sure. So what dates do folks want to plan around?

My suggestion is either June 28/29 or the dreaded 4th Oh july weekend, could be fun, the second weekend in July is an option too but I have a feeling it is going to be low by then.

dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2014 at 6:09pm
My girlfriend may wNt to ride in a raft, so late June sounds good?
Nomad
ChristianKnight
WW Industry
WW Industry

Quote ChristianKnight Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2014 at 10:04pm
James: Do it late June.
Catch your eddies,
Christian
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 17 May 2014 at 12:32am
I agree with ya.

I say it is down to one of the last two weekends in June. the 4th of July would suck. Plus since we got families we need our laps to be fun and fast... that means the earlier the better!!! We should nail down a date in the next week so people can put it on the calendar for sure!
huckin harms
Master Poster
Master Poster

Quote huckin harms Replybullet Posted: 17 May 2014 at 8:26am
Our family would be into this... just depends on timing. There is a Idaho trip planned for the June 20th weekend so we wont be around then. The 4th is likely also out for us as we like to enjoy the Index fireworks scene. If it doesn't workout for us to join this round I'm sure there will be many more!
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 01 Jun 2014 at 11:52pm
I say lets nail down the date for the Family Fest this week.

My vote is either the last or second to last weekend in June.

Anyone else?
ChristianKnight
WW Industry
WW Industry

Quote ChristianKnight Replybullet Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 2:47pm
The second-to-last weekend of June is the 21st and the 22nd, which is Solstice Day. I think that's a perfect occasion for the type of event you are planning: as much adventure as you can squeeze into one day. Why not do it on the longest day of the year and the beginning of summer? I've been trying to figure out a way to celebrate this most underrated and special day of the year. This just might be it!
Catch your eddies,
Christian
JayB
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote JayB Replybullet Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 3:48pm
My vote is for the last weekend.
-Jay
Larry
Super Looper
Super Looper
Mr. Generosity

Quote Larry Replybullet Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 10:24pm
I vote for the last weekend too, but don't put too much stock in my vote. My whole family has other plans that weekend except me, so I would be by myself. But no other weekend works for me or my family.
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 11:15pm
Dates are set for the Cooper CoOp.

Lets talk about ways we can make this really fun and memorable for our families.
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 3:07pm
I want to ping everyone that is going to bring their families out to go camping this weekend about what spot we should hunker down at.

I was thinking either down by the mouth of the Reservoir see link below
https://goo.gl/maps/Pg87S

Heading over to the Cooper Bridge Area
https://goo.gl/maps/PqzuU

Or actually paying for a site at one of the pay campgrounds. (not a huge fan but will go with the flow)

Thoughts?
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version