Professor Paddle: Multiday Race vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Multiday Race Post Reply Post New Topic
wday
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Online Status: Offline
  Quote wday Replybullet Topic: Multiday Race
    Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 2:40pm
any interest in a multiday race? Secesh/SF Salmon/Main Salmon in Idaho. will
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
WA-Boater
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote WA-Boater Replybullet Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 6:41pm
yes. sounds like a blast. although i probably wouldn't be able to do it this year...

FLUID
WW Industry
WW Industry

Quote FLUID Replybullet Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 11:48pm
I don't think I would want to rush such an amazing trip and section of whitewater with good camping and scenery hanging with friends barefoot in the sand sipping on whiskey by racing..... Defeats the purpose of the multi day for me ? But...  I'll be at the bottom with a watch to time you guys with a beer... my moneys on Darren

Edited by FLUID - 03 Mar 2014 at 3:42am
jblum
Big Boofer
Big Boofer
Don Blumin Looper

Quote jblum Replybullet Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 4:44am
Agree. Wouldn't ruin that gem with some racing. I'm hoping to hit it this year though. Amazing section of ww.
JHB
WA-Boater
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote WA-Boater Replybullet Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 1:53pm
If you're in a time crunch an abbreviated trip on any of the Idaho multi-day runs is a great way to experience it. Of course the camping and scenery is awesome to take in over a week. But if all you have is a few days, or say even a week, you could do a handful of the multi-days and enjoy them.
Also, say you're floating at 10mph, the scenery isn't changing all that fast anyways. Clearly less nights to camp, but you can experience more rivers. At 10 mph you could knock off most 100 mile stretches in a day with (logistics in place). It actually seems like a fun way to spend a week. Middle-Main in 3 days from Marsh Creek to Riggins - saves a ton on a shuttle and you only need 1 shuttle. Another 1 or 2 days to do Will's idea to Riggins - plus a bonus getting to paddle the lower 30 miles of the Main twice. I'm in...
My brother and I R2'ed the Jarbidge/Bruneau in 8 hours on the water (including portaging and scouting). Add that too the list as well. With another 32 miles add Hell's Canyon of the Snake for an afternoon float on your way to Riggin's. It would make an epic trip - don't even need to race them. Also simplifies the permits on some of the river too. If you get out there before Memorial Day, most of them are 'fill out the paperwork' at the put-in and go for it. Seems like the biggest task would be to get a shuttle driver to go with or have to maybe sit one trip out with a coin flip to decide who's driving.....

Edited by WA-Boater - 04 Mar 2014 at 1:57pm

wday
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Quote wday Replybullet Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 2:55pm
the idea came from going to a payette river games meeting then watching the cartoon movie planes later that day. racers would paddle all day to the next "stage" then camp with fellow racers. repeat the next day for "stage 2" etc...food and shuttle provided. intent of the race would be safety, self reliance (while racing), and speed. secesh to sf salmon to main salmon was my first idea but as darren points out idaho has several good candidates for a multiday race. for now i don't think there's much interest in a formal race though. will
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version