Professor Paddle: Kokatat Hydrus 3L/T3/Tropos 3 material vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Kokatat Hydrus 3L/T3/Tropos 3 material Post Reply Post New Topic
Wiggins
PP Junkie
PP Junkie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Wiggins Replybullet Topic: Kokatat Hydrus 3L/T3/Tropos 3 material
    Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 4:04pm
My drysuit recently was found to be unrepairable by the good folks at Kokatat. While shopping for a replacement I found a deal on a new Kokatat suit made from the Hydrus 3L material. I was originally looking for another Goretex suit, but the price difference is significant enough to make me reconsider.

Hydrus is the same material Kokatat has marketed as T3 or Tropos 3 over the years, but with the same lifetime warranty they offer with Goretex.

Does anybody have any experience with the material? How does it hold up over time, and what is the breathability like compared to the Goretex that was made in 2002?

Thanks.

Kyle
I smell bacon
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Arrow6
Paddler
Paddler

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Arrow6 Replybullet Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 5:27pm
I just recently purchased that exact drysuit. I'm really pleased with it, I previously had an NRS drysuit that used Event fabric that would gather quite a bit of water in the booties after about 6 months of infrequent paddling.

The Kokotat suit I have now is great, it's been in the ocean and through plenty of swims with no issues. I've never had a gortex dry suit but this has the same warranty as the gortex so I'm super pleased. I think it's likely the Hydrus likely doesn't breath as well but I love it.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version