Professor Paddle: Powerhouse Stretch: anyone been runnin it? vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Powerhouse Stretch: anyone been runnin it? Post Reply Post New Topic
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jP Replybullet Topic: Powerhouse Stretch: anyone been runnin it?
    Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 12:25am
So what's up w/ the access to the Powerhouse run? Has anyone been running it? I know put in access was shut down during construction up there at the dam...But I haven't been out there in years. Is it possible to put in at the old put in right by the inflow? Or right below the first rapid below Snoqualmie falls?

May swing through there this weekend: Friday or Sunday....

Anyone interested?
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
JD_G
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Quote JD_G Replybullet Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 8:20am
Hey JP. It's still under construction with no access to the powerhouse put in. I was out recently for an attainment workout, and walked up RR from the big eddy to put in above that next wave train rapid. I paddled up past the powerhouse, and the workers have always been friendly. Believe there's an access RL above the PH, but you may need a connection/pass to the associated landowner. I'd join you for a workout, but trying to head to BC for the weekend.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
megspk
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote megspk Replybullet Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 11:31am
There's a group that goes every Tuesday. I get emails about it.   I can get you more info if you are interested.
“A strong person and a waterfall always channel their own path.” -Unknown

briandunnington
Paddler
Paddler

Quote briandunnington Replybullet Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 11:33am
Regarding the put-in on the river left - I think it is through the Snoqualmie Falls Forest Theater. You have to either be a member, or I think they allow members to bring a handful of guests. I know that there is a group that does 'Powerhouse Tuesdays' during most of the summer and they have a few folks who are members that can get the other folks access. Renee Paradis has the whole scoop on it so hit her up and she can provide more accurate/complete info.
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 3:47pm
Well, all that is sounding like a whole lotta Pain-In-The-Ass for someone who just wants to boat a little class II. Thanks for the info tho.

I'm passing through and thought It'd be cool to hit it up, but don't need to run it that baddly. Too much effort. We will find some current to play in somewhere else.

But, thanks again- because you just spared us a few hours. We'll target a different drainage.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
ChristianKnight
WW Industry
WW Industry

Quote ChristianKnight Replybullet Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 3:58pm
JD: I'd be up for attainment workouts on the Powerhouse. Let me know when you're doing them. I could probably work one in during the work-week and save the weekends for some downriver missions.
Catch your eddies,
Christian
JD_G
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Quote JD_G Replybullet Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 10:19pm
Hey Christian: Sounds good.....misery loves company. Weekday sounds good. I typically aim for early morning or after work. I'll ping you when get schedule lined up for next week.
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version