Professor Paddle: PP Ball is on the move!!! vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: PP Ball is on the move!!! Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
rokmnky
McNasty
McNasty

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rokmnky Replybullet Topic: PP Ball is on the move!!!
    Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 1:30pm
I have some big, not so good news. Due to some miscommunication, we did not secure Phil's orchard like we thought. I just found out this morning and have spent some time trying to come up with an alternative. All group sites are booked and many of the "free" sites we know can't handle our size.

With that said, we think we have an acceptable alternative site.

*EDIT* New location is now legitimate

We will be camping at Tierra Retreat in their "Barn Canyon" area! This is a legit site with bathrooms/portos and lots of camping. They are excited to have us. It's located up Chumstick hwy. Check their site http://www.tierraretreat.com/ or the google map for directions.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=12000+National+Forest+Development+Road+7705+Leavenworth,+WA+98826&ll=47.680053,-120.651748&spn=0.00619,0.013937&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&hnear=12000+National+Forest+Development+Road+7705,+Leavenworth,+Washington+98826&gl=us&t=h&z=17

Edited by rokmnky - 06 Jun 2013 at 10:25am
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Ellingferd
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Ellingferd Replybullet Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 10:28am
Heads up!!!! Those looking at this thread should look to the very first post for accurate info. Assuming that is accurate.
msims
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote msims Replybullet Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 10:30am
Things are unclear in this thread.

Mountain Home Road or Tierra?

There are posts claiming both and no statements striking down either.

Ellingferd
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Ellingferd Replybullet Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 10:40am
I think the location up the chumstick is the new and legitimate site for the ball. Just past five miles up the chumstick, left on Sunstitch canyon road.
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 10:43am
Yeah, just stay tuned. Apparently a good place has been secured up the Chumstick. Not sure if I am breaking this news prematurely. But as far as I know this thread at least is the one yall should check for updates, ok?

So hang in there, everybody- stay tuned and check this thread periodicly for updates. Its all gonna work out.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
rokmnky
McNasty
McNasty

Quote rokmnky Replybullet Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 10:53am
Hey everyone! We are camping at Tierra Retreat! NOT mtn home. Sorry to not reply sooner, I was on the phone working on things while the last several posts came up.

The Official Camping for the 2013 PP Ball is at Tierra Retreat in their "Barn Canyon" area. Which is up Chumstick Hwy.

On the google map it is the strip of land going north behind the big barn where their road makes an upside down U. We will be up there tomorrow afternoon putting up signage to help out.

Again, DO NOT go to mtn home. We have a legit spot now at Tierra. Please pass this along to everone. I apologize again for being so last minute but this will be much better.

Check out the following links for directions.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=12000+National+Forest+Development+Road+7705+Leavenworth,+WA+98826&ll=47.680053,-120.651748&spn=0.00619,0.013937&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&hnear=12000+National+Forest+Development+Road+7705,+Leavenworth,+Washington+98826&gl=us&t=h&z=17

http://www.tierraretreat.com/

rokmnky
McNasty
McNasty

Quote rokmnky Replybullet Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 10:54am
Also, I have edited my original post to be the new location so as to get rid of any misdirection for those just tuning in.
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 11:31am
Ok, so yes it is about 5mi. Up Chumstick.
I took the liberty of deleting all posts that had to do w/ Mt. Home, as the Professor Paddle Ball will NOT be located up Mt. Home (or at Phil's along the Wenatchee where it has been in the past).

Pretty scary that I have such wide sweeping powers as to delete posts, huh? Yeah, I think so too. Fortunately for you all this is the very first time I have used it.

Anyway, The Tierra Retreat should be a great spot. We will continue to follow your lead on this, Adam- I texted u. Contact me if you need any help w/ anything.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
rokmnky
McNasty
McNasty

Quote rokmnky Replybullet Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 12:50pm
Directions from Tierra Retreat themselves.

Tierra Learning Center is just past the 5 mile mark on the Chumstick Highway. Turn left (west) into Sunitsch Canyon and cross the Railroad track, continuing to follow the dirt road up canyon. After rounding a bend there will be a directory sign. Do not turn down the hill toward the retreat center and main lodge. Instead, continue toward the large red barn and offices. The Barn Canyon camping facility is accessed by a road to the right side of the barn. Parking and tent sites are all available once you pass the A-frame structure on the left. We do have other guests using our retreat center facilities this weekend  and we ask Professor Paddle guests to keep all activities confined to the Barn Canyon area. We also ask guests to drive slowly along all of Sunitsch Canyon road in consideration of our neighbors and farmers. Thanks and enjoy your stay.
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 1:56pm
Hey where did my posts go... Who is censoring me? Why does my name come up as Jimini Used to Creek It. ...  You are all, what was it again, "Midget Racist Bigots" or something like that....

Ok enough fun stuff sorry bout that Adam, I was on the road all morning with work and could not respond to your PM's or take down all the confusing posts. Looks like you all got it cleared up though... Whoa JP getting all official!
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 4:39pm
Bump. Keeping this thread on the top till the weekend. I can pretend I don't care about how the Ball bounces, but truth be told I can't help but look forward to it. Gonna be fun even if its more low key than previous years.

So now that we got directions to the camping zone figured out, we should centralize some discussion about the weekend's events/ activities.

First off, I haven't heard a thing about riverfest or other goings on. Anyone here care to summarize that?

Second, what time we meeting up for a creek race on Icicle(sunday)? Remember it only takes two paddlers to make a race.
Got 3 laps on the lower today @ about 2150 cfs. Big 'n fun with open (if fattened up) lines. Certainly NOT a first time flow for a tentative class IV boater. Gonna try to race Sunday if I don't get any curve balls from out of left field.

What's on the plate for saturday? I hear there's a down river race on the wenatchee. Not sure what time.

Edited by jP - 06 Jun 2013 at 4:46pm
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
CascadePS
WW Industry
WW Industry

Quote CascadePS Replybullet Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 9:16pm
I can add that Cascade PaddleSports will be offering boat demos on Saturday out of Cashmere Riverside Park. We have Jacksons, Pyranhas, and a Wavesport Diesel. There is a rule that the boats must stay on the Wenatchee... so you can take the creekers to Tumwater, but not icicle or peshastin.

All Jackson boats are on sale. We're selling the demo boats for $450 and the new boats for $840.

We'll also have some other gear for sale at our booth at the park in Cashmere.

And finally, we're sponsoring the BBQ on Saturday night at the park. I believe it costs tickets to get in on that, but all proceeds go to American Whitewater.

More Riverfest info can be found here: http://wenatcheeriverfestival.org/

Edited by CascadePS - 06 Jun 2013 at 9:17pm
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 11:14pm
Awesome. Thanks for the plug, CascadePS.
Hey, just out of curiosity- is your Deisel demo a 70 or 75 gallon? I know someone who wants one baddly. I sent them your way but I think they ran late and got lost before you closed today.

I will pass along the info and send them down to your booth on saturday.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
ARob
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote ARob Replybullet Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 7:11am
Hello Fellow Boaters!

My name is Alex and I live up here at the Tierra Learning Center. We are very excited to have everyone up here this weekend. When you come up the road, keep driving straight until you get to the Barn and we will be camping out in the huge field behind the barn.

Here's a couple of things you can help us with: firewood and parking. Please car pool if you are able and then please be mindful when parking so that everyone has enough room to maneuver and that we are not tearing up the field. Some firewood will be available up here, but if you are able to bring some with you, it would be a huge help.

Thank you everyone! Looking forward to seeing you all out on the river!

Alex
rokmnky
McNasty
McNasty

Quote rokmnky Replybullet Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 7:24am
Wenatchee river fest is throwing down big this year with a pretty solid line up. We are more or less the unofficial camping for the weekend for any and all boaters who get the word. They have Saturday booked solid and I want to encourage everyone to attend. They are hosting a Rodeo at 230 place tbd. A sup downriver race at 3, kayak downriver at 4 and raft downriver at 5. All launching from Rodeo hole. There's also a raft flip at 530 along with a few other fun events.

They also have lots of clinics and demos. To quote Lynn's post on a different thread:

Please traverse the WRF website for info: http://wenatcheeriverfestival.org

·         Marion Lodato, yoga instructor from Snowcreek Health is teaching an early morning session,

·         Wet Planet is instructing the downriver kayak clinic,

·         Jean Luc Robichaux/World Kayak is teaching the playboat clinic and running the Rodeo,

·         Wave Trek is teaching a rescue clinic and giving a demo,

·         LMS is sponsoring the SUP clinics and races,

·         RiverBooty is running the rafting events,

·         Cashmere Crossfit will be on hand to motivate you to keep on truckin,

·         Cascade Canoe and Kayak is grilling grub for the BBQ,

·         New Belgium Beer has donated the effervescence,

·         Justice for All will be playing the twang in the form of Bluegrass/Americana.

·         And I hope more hula hoopers will get their swing on.

Auction includes gear from: Confluence (wavesport Diesel 80), Werner Paddles, Snapdragon, PaddleEcuador, OR, Smith, Keen, smoked local salmon, private kayak lessons and more.

Raffle includes items from local businesses that make good food, Mountain Khakis, OR, NWOC and gear that LMS and Riverbooty are keeping secret.
CascadePS
WW Industry
WW Industry

Quote CascadePS Replybullet Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 9:44am
Originally posted by jP

Awesome. Thanks for the plug, CascadePS.
Hey, just out of curiosity- is your Deisel demo a 70 or 75 gallon? I know someone who wants one baddly. I sent them your way but I think they ran late and got lost before you closed today.

I will pass along the info and send them down to your booth on saturday.

JP, our demo Diesel is 60 gallons. We have a new 70 and 80 at the shop for sale, but they are not demos.
up4air
McNasty
McNasty

Quote up4air Replybullet Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 10:18am
From the tierra web site, "we’re working to sensibly develop this area to provide long-term residences for adults with developmental disabilities. " :P my future home! hehe
More water, please.
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 11:42am
Originally posted by up4air

From the tierra web site, "we’re working to sensibly develop this area to provide long-term residences for adults with developmental disabilities. "

??! Raft guide housing??

10-4 good buddy on the Deisel. Glad I asked. There will be a lot going on this weekend, good to know that option is out.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 11:50am
Now for my annual FIREWOOD pitch:
if every car that arrives brings one bundle of firewood equivilent to what you'd buy in the store, in theory there should be PLENTY of firewood, and if PPeeps can bring a little more that's even better
But, most people just want to show up and have that provided for them It's not that kind of event. The excuse people give about being packed too full to bring firewood is bullsh*t. If everyone pitches in a little, we can have an awesome fire. Because you all know you want to keep throwing wood on it. We're all American, after all, may as well face it and bring a little firewood.

🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
ARob
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote ARob Replybullet Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 12:03pm
One more request, friends. Please drive SLOW down the road and encourage others to do so. We have a pre-school on site, fast driving really impacts the road, and also the more dust that gets kicked up the more that ends up on our crops and hurts the plants that we are working so hard to grow. Other than that, we are stoked and looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend.
ENDO
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Quote ENDO Replybullet Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 12:07pm
Hey if anyone is up around tonight let me know. threesix0-7nineone-zero2ofive. I am trying to find a place to camp. Probably going to be at Nason creek.
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 12:08pm
Now for my annual GARBAGE pitch:

I know we end up partying, fixing food, sharing it, drinking ect, garbage gets inherently harder to manage in big groups. It is understandable.

But my mama raised me to LEAVE NO TRACE. That code should naturally be embedded in our ethics and operation modes as we engage in every outdoor activity. As paddlers, (hopefully) we know this. I believe this ethic should extend to all activities in life.

Try to manage your own garbage as you go so that no one is left performing a huge garbage clean up afterwords. This ain't Woodstock. Seriously that was the one huge bummer about Woodstock, not that I was there. Kinda defeated a lot of the whole idea IMO.

If garbage comes out of your car it can go back into it. YOU just gotta be CONSCIOUS of it. Pack it in, Pack it out. Always
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 12:12pm
Endo, we should clarify this w/ rokmnky and ARob, but I think you can roll out to the Tierra site tonight. Again, that's my understanding but these guys can confirm or deny that...
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 12:21pm
ARob- I just thought of the Dog Factor.

Any guidelines for paddlers who may be bringing dogs?
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
WhiteWaterWheat
Paddler
Paddler

Quote WhiteWaterWheat Replybullet Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 12:31pm
Hey everyone! We are going to do a ladies booze cruise as well this wknd. Probably saturday eve before the festivities. Let me know if you want to join... Ellie 7one9337one4one9
You only get the chance to run a drop blind once.
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version