Professor Paddle: Robe Canyon: Paca Pride vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Robe Canyon: Paca Pride Post Reply Post New Topic
hardboof
Paddler
Paddler

Online Status: Offline
  Quote hardboof Replybullet Topic: Robe Canyon: Paca Pride
    Posted: 29 May 2013 at 9:33am
To all kayakers who paddle Robe and Park at the Paca Pride Ranch. I think we should all chip in some cash to support maintenance of the driveway. Not sure how to go about it. I suggest starting a pool and giving them one check but I am open to other ideas.

See David Capocci's email pasted below:

"Hi Brock,

Thanks so much for the biz card and note, with your offer for some free legal assistance!
We really do appreciate the gesture.

Since putting up the donation mailbox, we appreciate that some of the kayakers are leaving what they can to add to our “Gravel Fund”.

Our driveways are getting pretty worn down and we’re having to spread some more gravel here this week and it can be somewhat costly.

If you can spread the word that we’re doing this and perhaps encourage a “pass the hat”, we’d definitely appreciate any contribution to maintain the road.

As you may know, when we launched our business plan, we could not anticipate that the county would take over 2 years to execute their 120-day rezone and conditional use permit process.

That is what tanked our cash reserves to bring further yurts on to the property as we had to carry all our costs and pay the mortgage with no revenue streams during that time.

So, we do truly appreciate any generous donations to help out. Please pass the word along to your kayaking buds! 
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
TastyWaves
Super Looper
Super Looper

Quote TastyWaves Replybullet Posted: 29 May 2013 at 2:36pm
Brock, thanks for sharing that.

Are we doing anything as a group or is it just chip in to the mailbox when onsite? I'm still on the disabled list so I probably won't be back in the canyon for a few weeks.

If anyone is taking charge on putting a community pool together I think that would be pretty sweet to show them we appreciate. I've put some cash here and there over the last year, maybe a total of $15, but I think it would be cool if we put a group fund together.

I got $25 on it.

Edited by TastyWaves - 29 May 2013 at 2:36pm
Wise men say forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
xanthopb
Big Boofer
Big Boofer
Can Fangula the Greek!

Quote xanthopb Replybullet Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 7:58am
The alpacas were getting sheared this weekend. Those are skinny little dudes with no coats. They look kind of odd in there sheared state.

Anyway, the Alpaca Ranch owners told me that they are close Wednesday thru Sunday for a private event. The gate will be closed.

I know Robe is dropping out soon for the summer but if you head up there one last time consider dropping a few bucks for the driveway improvement project. Or save up some money for the fall when you head back in there. They were appreciative of my donation.

-Brad
O-Qua Tangin Wann
ChristianKnight
WW Industry
WW Industry

Quote ChristianKnight Replybullet Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 11:00am
Mike Nash, Sean Lee and I each dropped off a good donation a few weeks ago, as well. It's good to hear reports of those who donate. My guess is most of us Robe regulars are making donations.
Catch your eddies,
Christian
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
phil
Super Looper
Super Looper

Quote phil Replybullet Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 4:22pm
Dropped a donation on Sat.

Now that they've sheared they should have more yarn from their alpacas soon. It makes an awesome gift if you know any knitters...
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 2:00pm
Yup. Buy a pair of socks or two, also. I bought a pair and they kick ass. I need another pair. I'm a fan of the mailbox because its easy to drop an Abe Lincoln in there.

Only been to Robe once since October, but I would participate in any more formal or collective donations if we decide to organize that. I'd happily retroactively donate a little, and I'm hoping to be renewing my Frequent Flyer status on Robe's Varsity Team this fall!!

What an awesome run!!

🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 2:02pm
Also, you can always park out on the road. I'd say just be honest about it. If you like the added security of parking up there, kick down a little cash. They are nice folks.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version