Professor Paddle: Icicle and Tumwater Watch 2013 vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Icicle and Tumwater Watch 2013 Post Reply Post New Topic
TastyWaves
Super Looper
Super Looper

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TastyWaves Replybullet Topic: Icicle and Tumwater Watch 2013
    Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 1:02pm

Thanks to the locals for keeping us informed on the Leavenworth goodies. Last two weekends have been awesome!

So is icicle out now until we get the next spike?
Wise men say forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
smcboating
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote smcboating Replybullet Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 1:06pm
Today will probably be the last reasonable day for middle icicile until things trend up. It was a fun flow yesterday all rapids went well. probably gonna hit it this afternoon and ill let ya know
If 6 Was 9
smcboating
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote smcboating Replybullet Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 7:02pm
It had drop about two inches since yesterday. I bet tomorrow will be ok but the inbetween stuff will get pretty bangy.
If 6 Was 9
TastyWaves
Super Looper
Super Looper

Quote TastyWaves Replybullet Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 4:10pm
Does anyone know why the gauge on PP always says 412 cfs? Dan keeps saying there is a gauge, where is that one at? or is that with the text message service only?
smcboating
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote smcboating Replybullet Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 5:13pm
I think there is a link to the DOE Icicile gauge in the middle icicile page in the rivers section. I'm not sure but I don't think pp can ping the DOE gauges like the usgs gauges. I think the flow that pp is reporting is a calc. I'm sure someone else knows for sure what's up better then I. I think jons on there today so maybe he can shed some insight this afternoon

S
If 6 Was 9
WA-Boater
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote WA-Boater Replybullet Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 6:08pm
PP gauge is something like (Wen @ Pesh)-(Wen @ Plain) - a little more for Chiwakum? James.

This is the gauge I've been using for several years. It's in CFS, updated every 15 min and you can text 41411 icicle to get the flow.

https://fortress.wa.gov/ecy/wrx/wrx/flows/station.asp?sta=45B070#block2   -   just click on the flow tab.

Adrian - if you scroll down you can click on the link: 45B070_DSG_FM.txt to get levels from the last few weekends you were over there for reference. Here is the link right to it: https://fortress.wa.gov/ecy/wrx/wrx/flows/stafiles/45B070/45B070_DSG_FM.txt

Under the Icicle description I posted some flows from the last several years for comparison.

tiziak
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote tiziak Replybullet Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 7:03pm
Do not use my name in vain.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Daniel Patrinellis
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
snowblind
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote snowblind Replybullet Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 8:50pm
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
smcboating
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote smcboating Replybullet Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 9:33pm
Fuqua paddled Middle Icicle this afternoon and said that it hadnt dropped since yesterday.Looks like the DOE gauge indicates the same.  He also mentioned that it rained at Stevens so looks like it could hold or go up for the weekend. The flow was good yesterday and today. Good side of low or low side of medium or something like that. I'm over here for the weekend so if your looking to get out on Icicle or Tumwater give me a call.

S
If 6 Was 9
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by WA-Boater

PP gauge is something like (Wen @ Pesh)-(Wen @ Plain) - a little more for Chiwakum? James.

This is the gauge I've been using for several years. It's in CFS, updated every 15 min and you can text 41411 icicle to get the flow.

https://fortress.wa.gov/ecy/wrx/wrx/flows/station.asp?sta=45B070#block2   -   just click on the flow tab.

Adrian - if you scroll down you can click on the link: 45B070_DSG_FM.txt to get levels from the last few weekends you were over there for reference. Here is the link right to it: https://fortress.wa.gov/ecy/wrx/wrx/flows/stafiles/45B070/45B070_DSG_FM.txt

Under the Icicle description I posted some flows from the last several years for comparison.

Sounds awefull complex. I'm enjoying just suit'n up at home and driving the five minutes upstream of Der Town. But yeah, if you want Wenatchee Correlations it goes like this:

Wenatchee @ Peshastin - Wenatchee @ Plain x .75 = a rough estimate of the Ici flow.

Now, Mr. Fuquah loosely nods his head in approval regarding this formula, but he will also tell you that going off of the Wenatchee guages at all is of limited value. Without accounting for how Ici is melting and how much is diverted where/when ect.

Lower Ici: you just want strong 7,000+ wenatchee flows for it. Often this will put you in a decent low water range for the Upper Ici. But a few weeks back it seemed unusually high for 7,000 +/- or whatever it was. So it can be highly variable. Enough to chase peeps away at least.

For Middle Ici you want 5.1' on the low end, and Ricochet will start gettin medium fat at around 6.1' on the stick, depending on personal preference ect. I know that stick guage ain't helpful for online beta, but, there are people who know what Ici is running on a week by week basis. All ya need to do is put down the electronic toys, reach out and touch someone.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
TastyWaves
Super Looper
Super Looper

Quote TastyWaves Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 3:44pm
Awesome. You guys are a wealth of resources.

JP - You are using the best reporting website in existence: Look out your freakin' window dot com. If I can get my act together and quit my job next month I'll be joinin you fellas up in Leavenworth for a little while. Gonna be traveling some this summer but lookin to make Icicle and Tumwater my home base.

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version