Professor Paddle: Paddling in Washington State March 29-April 1 - Sk vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Events
 Professor Paddle : General : Events
Message Icon Topic: Paddling in Washington State March 29-April 1 - Sk Post Reply Post New Topic
DylanW
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DylanW Replybullet Topic: Paddling in Washington State March 29-April 1 - Sk
    Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 12:58pm
Hi everyone,

I am a paddler from Chilliwack, BC, and I am going to be spending a few days with my family at Rasar Park over the Easter long weekend (March 29 - April 1st). While I am down there I would love to get out and paddle one of the great runs down in Washington! Was thinking of the Skagit, but am open to any class II - III runs. Anyone out there planning a day trip within these dates and wouldnt mind if another paddler tagged along? I have been paddling for about a year now, so I will admit I am still pretty fresh (don't worry, I have a solid roll). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Dylan
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
riverfanatik
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote riverfanatik Replybullet Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 10:04pm
The Skagit is pretty mellow. S-Bends is the only rapid, and other than that its pretty chill. Its pretty but the whitewater is a bit disappointing. If you have a solid roll and are looking for some fun, the Wenatchee may be your best bet. You certainly won't have a problem finding people to go with you

Edited by riverfanatik - 06 Apr 2013 at 10:10pm
riverfanatik
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote riverfanatik Replybullet Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 2:31am
Whoops i thought you wrote APRIL 29th - MAY 1st . Oh well I hope you had fun.
DylanW
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote DylanW Replybullet Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 8:12am
Not a problem, I ended up connecting with a group and we paddled the Suittle river. Was a nice run, though the water was quite low. Sure is a alot of wood on that run! Thanks for the feedback though.

Cheers,
Dylan
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version